The simFlight Network Forums

Trouble Viewing AI Traffic

Pod265

Hi,

I have FSX installed on data server PC and STB installed on my laptop.

All connects fine but if I use STB to view AI traffic on client computer, I end up viewing the wrong planes or part of my plane. If I use STB on my PC where FSX is installed, viewing AI works fine.

I am able to use 'camera advisor' on STB on PC which confirms AI camera set correctly using camera key 8. But I cannot use camera advisor on STB on client computer as it is greyed out. It is showing camera key 5 but I cannot change it as it is also greyed out. Underneath is the message that Flight Simulator was not found on this computer. Similar message appears below Flying Invisible Aircraft etc etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill.

Ps. I have the latest updates installed.

OK, this looks like an oversight on the client side. It cannot find FSX on the client which is reasonable, however that is disabling the camera key which is not so helpful.

In STB V3.2 this area is changing anyway and it will no longer be necessary to specify numbers; STB and STB-DS will figure all that out automatically. Hopefully that update is coming soon, I'm running through installer testing right now.

Back to your problem, I think there is a simple workaround on the client:

1) Locate your STB application data folder, e.g. C:\Users\<Windows User Id>\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3

2) Edit the settings.txt file

3) Find the line that says: viewAIHotKeySelect=5 (or similar)

4) Change the 5 to an 8

5) Save changes, restart STB if it is running and see where that gets us.

Simon