The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 5.4a Pro Aircraft config problem

StormVR6

Hello all,

I recently purchased MTX 5.4a Pro, it's a wonderful bit of kit and I've successfully installed it, imported/exported my airports (via FSX SDK and MTX Editor) and all seems well, apart from the MyTraffic Communicator. I want to 'Configure MyTraffic' but when I click on the 'Manage aircraft......' I cannot change any of the settings, they will not stay ticked/unticked. Both 'Exits' and 'Effects' were enabled from install, 'Simple' and 'Widescreen' settings are disabled (unticked). I have full permissions on my PC (all relevant folders are FULL permissions) but no matter what I try I cannot change the settings in this folder. If I tick 'Use models for wide screen' and then 'For all MyTraffic Aircraft' it will say 'Done! Again?' but then when I go out and back in all settings are unchanged. The cmd window doesn't update when I try to change settings, should it?

Possibly relevant is the downlaods/patches to 5.4a thingy does not seem to do anything either, returning a 'Windows cannot find 'Patches54.bat.........', although I'm a learner at the moment with MTX so I'm not sure what should do what.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

What you see is normal, intended and if you analyze it cannot be donw different.

You order the tool to make soem settings - you could also do them individual or by hand or many other things - there is no way the tool can know the actual state. So just use it as it is, and do not assume it to be more complicate than necessary and contain a fake feedback or similar.

Wow, thanks for the swift reply, I'm not used to such speedy customer care. OK, so what you're saying is this: if I apply the 'Wide Screen' setting, even though the marker doesn't stay ticked, it has been applied. The same applies to the Exits and Effects; even though the markers stay ticked, whatever I apply there and then is applied. Is that correct?

I must say, your program is very good. I tried JF Traffic X, and well, let's say no more.

Thank you, Burkhard, for your support.

I spent a lot of money making FSX look and run as well as possible. My chosen Orbx packs for Oceania make for a wonderful scenic world to fly in; the REX Essential additions add to the realism; the many OZx airports are a welcome freebie; my Realair Legacy surrounds me in HD splendour and my quaint Drifter Ultralight is unmatched in landscape viewing. But only now, after installing your product, does the world I fly in feel real.

I'm now more inclined to visit the larger airports and fly the larger aircraft. With MTX, the sky is no longer a place of solitude, only to use as a viewing platform. Now I feel part of a living world and that makes FSX outstanding. Great work!

Thank you and God bless you.

Mark.