The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC autosave and PMDG 747

Good day,

I'm using the autosave function for save the fly every 60sec, yesterday, flying with PMDG 747-800i, FSX crash.

I'm reloaded the last fly autosave and I'm hear the cockpit sound but the computer screen remains on the desktop of windows. I'm try to stop again FSX, chose first the PMDG 747 aircraft and then reload the last fly autosave. The fly was loaded in the exactly last position but the 747 cockpit was not configured correct, the FMC was not configured, the fuel was not the remaining quantity that was on board at the moment of crash, ecc.

How I can resolve the problem?

This is can be due to the FSX installation folder? c:\programfiles(86)\........ ?

Regards

I'm using the autosave function for save the fly every 60sec, yesterday, flying with PMDG 747-800i, FSX crash.

All the autosave function does is call the FSX save facility in exactly the same way as you can using the ';' key. The advantage only is that it is automatic and assigns a name to save you having to enter one. But it is not responsible for what is saved and what is not. I expect the PMDG aircraft, with its complex systems, needs to save its own data.

I'm reloaded the last fly autosave and I'm hear the cockpit sound but the computer screen remains on the desktop of windows. I'm try to stop again FSX, chose first the PMDG 747 aircraft and then reload the last fly autosave. The fly was loaded in the exactly last position but the 747 cockpit was not configured correct, the FMC was not configured, the fuel was not the remaining quantity that was on board at the moment of crash, ecc.

I expect that the request to save the data came at a time in the 747 when things were not easily saveable. I think the complete set of arcraft systems would have to be temporarily frozen whilst the data was written out. I don't know if PMDG do this, but I suspect not from what you and others say.

How I can resolve the problem?

You'd need to ask PMDG to implement their saves correctly, so that all systems are saved correctly. But I suspect this is very complicated for them to do, and they will just reply that their aircraft is not compatible with Autosave so not to use it.with them at all.

This is can be due to the FSX installation folder? c:\programfiles(86)\........ ?

No, not if the normal saves work okay. Have you tried those?

Regards

Pete