The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse macro making assistance

Hello Pete,

I am using version 4.8.5.8 registered and have delved into the world of mouse macro making to assign switched and buttons to the Wilco A320...

After assigning the relevant FS command key stroke i the use the VRI keymapper to assign that command to my FCU panel (which we have previously discussed and is not supported etc)... for the most part this is working fine..

I have read the FSUIPC user guide and the mouse macro section and followed a couple of YouTube examples and was able to use FSUIPC to capture the APU on/off with no difficulty... my question is this though..

I want to employ the same process to make a mouse macro for the landing lights... the problem i have is there are 3 positions on>off>retratced

I made one macro which turned them from retracted to off to on... that worked fine... but how do i make another macro getting the switch to move the other way from on>off>retracted? There seems to be a few (like the seatbelt switch) that require 3 positions...

After fiddling a few times and creating more macros i now have several macros all trying to operate the switch (but none succesfully!) how do i delete these duplicate entries? Do i need to delete the entire macro set in the modules folder?

Apologies for my simplistic descriptions Pete.. I have tried reading what i could but the answer eluded me somewhat

Thank you for any help!

Warm regards

Doug

Edited by vonduck

I want to employ the same process to make a mouse macro for the landing lights... the problem i have is there are 3 positions on>off>retratced

I made one macro which turned them from retracted to off to on... that worked fine... but how do i make another macro getting the switch to move the other way from on>off>retracted? There seems to be a few (like the seatbelt switch) that require 3 positions...

How do you make it work with the mouse itself? do you left click for one direction and right-click for the other, or what?

If it's been programmed by some difference in the mouse action, then there will probably be some flag setting you can adjust for the parameter (in the MCRO file) which will make the direction reverse. The flags are described in the FSUIPC documentation. You'd have to try various values. I have no way of predicting these things.

If the way they've programmed the switch is by separate screen areas with the mouse position being important, then EITHER you can do it with two separate mouse macros, one for each area, or, more likely, it is just one area with the distinction made in the code itself, by reading the mouse position at the time. In the latter case there's really no way to do it with mouse macros because the real mouse isn't involved and could be anywhere.

After fiddling a few times and creating more macros i now have several macros all trying to operate the switch (but none succesfully!) how do i delete these duplicate entries? Do i need to delete the entire macro set in the modules folder?

No, just delete the lines you don't need in the one MCRO file (I assume you've put them all in the one file, and not generated loads of files?).

Regards

Pete

How do you make it work with the mouse itself? do you left click for one direction and right-click for the other, or what?

To operate the switch itself requires the mouse above the switch while left mouse clicking... to turn off the mouse must be below the switch (not by much) and left clicking again.. so only left click top and left click at bottom operates the switch...

No, just delete the lines you don't need in the one MCRO file (I assume you've put them all in the one file, and not generated loads of files?).

Thansks for that direction.. i put them all in to one macro set for ease of use as the instructions suggested.. i'll edit the macro file

Thanks for your help - i will try what you have suggested Pete

Warm regards

Doug

Edited by vonduck

Hi,

You should look for this program. By that software you get offsets of the Wilco Bus: http://emarciano.fre...IPCExporter.htm

It's from Eric Marciano, who is one of the developer of the original plane). When you have this program installed, then you are able to access the offsets described in the supplied documentation. And you can access, which status the landing light switch has. It's also very usefull to access these offsets in LUA plugins.

Rgds

Reinhard