The simFlight Network Forums

Need help with MTX Pro 5.4a MySchedule please.

StormVR6

Hello again, (main problems in bold)

after using the FSX SDK to create my airport dump, import/export this info to update my MTX database, and then perform a full 'Schedules, files and traffic' thingy, I was happy to see everywhere in my Orbx Oceania world looking good in terms of traffic.

So, with my limited knowledge I looked into creating my own T&G schedules. The idea of using the beautiful Manapouri (NZMO) as a training ground was very appealing. This is how I set about doing it:

Using an original copy of the MTX_V54a.myt database file (basically starting from scratch) I first imported/edited/exported my airports, then saved. Then opening the file again, I amended the Info/Set ini file, only reducing the dlay a couple of minutes, then saved and closed the Editor. Reopening the Editor and file I then goto Schedule/My Schedule and, following #31 in the Editor Manual, I create my own scheduled flight from NZCB to NZMO. I then goto Create/create files and traffic, thus creating wanted files in MyGlobalRoutes.dat and then copying them to Closed.dat. I think this is following the manual precisely. My results in GlobalRoutes were this:

Katana_GA4 ,CS-KATE , 35,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

2000 ,NZMO,157,12123

0800 ,NZCB,157,12123

}

With the copied/edited bit in Closed looking like this:

Katana_GA4 ,CS-KATE , 24,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

2000 ,NZMO,157,12123,0600

0800 ,NZCB,157,12123

}

After this I saved the database and then performed the lengthy (a bit like ths post) Create/Schedules, files and traffic process. After 40 minutes, all is done and I save again and close the Editor.

The first attempt worked fine - I went to NZCB minutes before the departure time and witnessed the Katana start up and move to take off, bang on time. It was a lovely moment. I then got adventuous and (starting from scratch again with an original MTX_V54a.myt file) added another plane to fly from NZCB to NZMO. Both the Cessna 172SP and the Katana worked fine on their own but together a problem arised. If I tried using MySchedule to add a 172 and a Katana to depart from NZCB only two Cessna's would be added, no Katana). Maybe the depart times were too close, I don't know.

So I start again, from scratch, this time I decide to create a schedule for three planes, all leaving from different places, all arriving at NZMO. These are the Global results:

Baron58-FA2 ,CS-DAMX , 8,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

2000 ,NZMO,173,12121

0755 ,NZGC,173,12121

}

C172SP-GA2 ,C-CSNB , 6,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

1935 ,NZMO, 60,12122

0750 ,NZRC, 60,12122

}

Katana_GA4 ,CS-KATE , 35,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

2000 ,NZMO,157,12123

0800 ,NZCB,157,12123

}

And the Closed ones:

Baron58-FA2 ,CS-DAMX , 17,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

2000 ,NZMO,173,12121,0555

0755 ,NZGC,173,12121

}

C172SP-GA2 ,C-CSNB , 20,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

1935 ,NZMO, 60,12122,0550

0750 ,NZRC, 60,12122

}

Katana_GA4 ,CS-KATE , 24,ONE_DAY,IFR

{

2000 ,NZMO,157,12123,0600

0800 ,NZCB,157,12123

}

All works fine apart from the dreaded duplicate problem I previously had. The Katana from NZCB leaves on it's own, as I expected. But the Cessna and Baron, although departing when instructed to, have a duplicate twin. The duplicate will do exactly as it's original (movement, ATC, etc) but 10(ish) seconds afterwards.

So, like before, the first scheduled creation works fine, but any added MySchedule flights seem to duplicate themselves, resulting in a pair of identical flights, albeit with a short delay between them.

There I am, parked at Manapouri, eagerly awaiting my scheduled flights to arrive and perform T&Gs. Within minutes the first ATC message pops up, the Katana is on it's way. Then the Baron pipes up too, unfortunately so does it's evil twin, only seconds afterwards. The same with the Cessna. The Katana doesn't initially land, stating a "flying a missed approach". Probably due to a surprisingly full NZMO; 2 Leer's, a Mooney and a Cessna taking up all the space. Why? I don't know.

I've just checked again (whilst typing this) and now there only seems to be one of each scheduled plane, EH? Now I'm really not sure what's going on. :D But still no T&Gs, just "flying a missed approach".

I am sorry about this crazy post, but I'm starting to really enjoy this program, the problem is I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, or am I expecting too much? Burkhard, your manual seems quite confusing and slightly uninformative at times. I know you are the creator and what you write within these manauls may seem perfectly clear to you, but to others your amazing program is actually quite complexed. Maybe it's my very limited knowledge of FSX and MTX that is the main cause of me thinking you don't always explain things as well as they could be. So please, don't take offence at my thoughts on this matter.

If you can make any sense out of this post then I would appreciate any help, at all.

Thank you and God bless you.

Mark.

Thank you for your reply, Burkhard.

Yes, I know from reading your Editor Manual that the complete process cannot be achieved solely from the editor, but I can only see #31 in the manual having any relevance to adding my own T&G training airports.

Once I've carried out the work stated in #31 how do I then go about actually getting the planes to perform T&Gs?

If I'm coming across as ignorant then that's because I am. But I'm starting to enjoy messing around with your wonderful program, rather than simply use it, out of the box, to automatically add some flights. Which would be a terrible waste of potential.

I basically wanted to add some of my own flights, from airports/fields that I enjoy flying over, that I could follow in similar aircraft when I feel like it.

The process "Create all files and traffic" processes the three files created from the editor and Closed.dat. So add the lines that you have modified for closed circuits to Closed.dat and then they will be added from that side, not from the editor.

OK, good, well it seems that's exactly what I'm doing. My original post does show this, possibly not in the best format, so I can understand it if you thought I hadn't gone about it in the correct manner.

To summarise what I said in my first post:

• Create my scheduled flight(s)
  • Perform "Create all files and traffic" (only choosing MySchedule)
  • Goto 'MyGlobalRoutes.dat' and copy created file(s)
  • Paste file(s) into 'Closed.dat', adding a park time

So the above should create T&G flights, yes?

From this point do I need to save the database within the editor again? And lastly, am I right to presume I have to run the "Schedules, files and traffic" each time I add/change any MySchedule flights?

Oh, lastly lastly, does parking (i.e. the amount of spaces, free or otherwise) at airports/fields affect any of my scheduled flights landing? I ask due to the "flying a missed approach" each pilot stated coming into NZMO upon my first attempt.

Thank you for your help and a bigger thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you modify closed.dat only, it is enough that you run trafficbat.bat - and if you want to do it oftenly than make a copy of it under trafficclosed.bat and remove the first three commands, so that only the closed gets compiled and copied, that is the fastest way - then you can completely forget about the editor etc.

Missed approached happen often when aircraft are initiated inside the reality bubble, they often cannot descend fast enough, only after about 30 minutes of simulation all landing aircraft should have reasonable points they start to descent.

What else can I say. Not all airport support closed cuircuits. Airports must be defined as class G or it doesn't work we know. If there are more details to be considered I cannot tell. I remember there can be only one aircraft at an airport flying training rounds I read, but that can also be a rumor.

I regularly have numerous aircraft performing circuits/t&gs as part of the testing of my sceneries and it is possible to get far more than one to work. My standard 'overload' AI file has 12, but they usually don't all get off the ground because of the insane spacing between approaching and departing aircraft in FSX. If an aircraft has turned base, not even final, then more traffic will not take the runway to take off.

With that in mind, the limitation seems to be primarily how much traffic you have in the circuit, rather than a compilation or system driven limit.

Ian P.