The simFlight Network Forums

Cancelled Flights

eeyore

Cancelled flights occur when a flight we believe should happen (because we found it in a traffic BGL or the UT2 database), however it never shows up in FSX by the time the schedule says it should. Possible reasons include:

1) Listing flights at airports at the edge or beyond the reality bubble;

2) The STB airports database is out of step with the schedule BGLs in FSX. The recommendation is to recompile the database when schedule changes are made to FSX;

3) STBServer is not installed in FSX, in which case STB is unable to read the FSX traffic sliders and list flights assuming a 100% slider value. Check this in the deployments tab of the settings notebook;

4) Generic problems in FSX including airports with insufficient parking, missing simobject entries in fsx.cfg, missing aircraft folders, etc.

I hope one of those may be the cause of your situation.

Simon

Hello Simon

Many thanks for this.

As for point 1) - I have settings that should preclude flights beyond the reality bubble but otherwise point taken

As for 2) - First thing I thought of and so I initiated "make runways" followed by "compile airports database" in STB DataServer, what you see was taken after a complete shutdown and restart

As for 3) I run STB across a network on an old laptop I use as the client. The STB settings on client laptop are set to "honor" the sliders. On the PC on which I have FSX installed, it appears (for whetever reason) I only have STB DataServer installed. Could this be the cause and (if so) what do I need to do to fix it?

As for 4) - I will check a little bit more but so far nothing found. By the way, prior to being cancelled the flights sometimes show delayed and if you double click on them they are "displayed" as being at the airport in FSX. Other times (more often than not) just as "scheduled". No duplicates either.

Regards

Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Yes 3) sounds significant. If you typically run sliders at less than 100% (and there can be good reasons to do so), you will still see 100% of the flights listed without STBServer. Of course that will lead to many "no shows".

Part of the installation procedure suggests installing STB on the FSX computer first so STBServer can be deployed into FSX, before installing STB on the separate client computer. Maybe you did that anyway and something else has happened in between.

Right now I'm running the final test on the beta for V3.2 (FSX), that has a much simpler way of doing the whole client/server thing and will set up STBServer for you without having tor resort to multiple installations of STB. If that final test goes well, I'll be releasing the update tomorrow as a beta test.

If you don't wish to deal with V3.2 at this time, the best course of action is to install STB on the FSX computer and run through the configuration wizard. That should take care of everything, and then you can return to your client computer as the "Main STB".

Regards

Simon

Hello Simon

I will install STB on the FSX (Server) computer and have another look.

I must admit looking forward to the new install process although I only ever need to do so every now and then and not because of STB :smile: .

If I install STB now, will it overwite the STB DataServer install so I have to install that again?

Regards

Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Installing STB and STB-DS is fine, they should default to separate installation folders and it is important that they do so. STB-DS will be unaffected, but it would not be the case if you were using UT2 due to the more sophisticated communications infrastructure it requires.

Simon

Thanks Simon

I installed STB on the FSX (Server) PC and re-installed the STBDS and all seems to be ok now, no cancelled flights. FSX Add-Ons menu now shows an entry for STB DataServer, although I note that it is at an earlier version than the standalone STBDS program.

Regards

Stuart