The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mleuck

"No flight plan can be saved for airports without runways (KBOS)"

I am trying to save a flightplan KBOS-KATL. I receive an error "No flight plan can be saved for airports without runways (KBOS)". The airport map indicates two KBOS.

How and why is this happening and how do I fix the issue? The KBOS is Fly Tampa and is saved in the FSX ad on scenery file.

Thank you for your help.

FSX

FSUIPC: 4.0

WIDEFS: 7

FSC: 9.2 02 May 2012

Fully registered

Hi ???,

In your case, there are actually two AFCAD files for KBOS.

Send the complete folder /SUPPORT to my e-mail address.

You can find the adress at the bottom of our web page.

Volker

Thanks to Volker and his commitment to solving this issue, the problem has been identified and solved. When the scenery was installed a file was installed in FSX\SCENERY\WORLD\scenery\AFX_KBOS_flytampa_dummy.bgl for an unknow reason. This caused my issue. After it was identified, I removed it and all is back to normal.

Thank you Volker for your great assistance!

Michael

"Dummy" airport files in scenery/world/scenery are usually used to either change the name or elevation of an airfield.

If you make these changes at the "normal" airport level, where an airport already exists in the sim, then the changes will not be recognised throughout the sim. An example is when I back-dated my "Wolverhampton" airport to its 1940s "RAF Halfpenny Green" name. The flight selection screen still refers to it as "Wolverhampton" unless a dummy file is placed, just containing the airport heading information, in scenery\world\scenery. This will, because of its function, contain no runway information.

Unfortunately, because of the number of incorrect names and elevations within the outdated FSX data, add-on developers regularly have to use this to make add-ons work, therefore it will be an issue for many locations.

Ian P.

And an even bigger problem is UT Alaska which has dozens of airports where runways are not recognised. It has been reported and it would seem nothing can be done. They put it down to flight planners that 'aggressively scan for any airport content' which is what I thought we wanted flight planners to do!! In the meantime I am sticking with FSC and dumping UTX.

And an even bigger problem is UT Alaska which has dozens of airports where runways are not recognised. It has been reported and it would seem nothing can be done. They put it down to flight planners that 'aggressively scan for any airport content' which is what I thought we wanted flight planners to do!! In the meantime I am sticking with FSC and dumping UTX.

I had exactly this issue after installing UT Tropical America and Carribean...(UT TAC)...

Looking at the FSC map 89 airfields within this software showed the code THREE times - TAPA TAPA TAPA...

Contact with the UT forum gave the answer that the UT software is giving "much more accurate elevation detail" etc, etc.

The option was to go into the UT menu and disable the fields that showed multiple entries - that's how I know there were 89 of them :cry:

Disabling these 89 UT entries thereby using only the FSX data resolved the issue so that I was able to obtain/make my flight plans and surprise, surprise did not show any odd elevation issues on the fields themselves.

UT say the same issue is there in UT Alaska but with only a small number of fields involved - I am about to boot up the FSC map to identify the multiple entries as above and avoid similar issues if and when I fly in Alaska :mrgreen: