Dear Volker

CPU Intel I7-940 2.93Ghz

GPU NVidia 280GTX -1Gb

RAM 1Tb

FSUIPC 4.81 Payware Version

FSX DeLuxe Service Packs 1 & 2

Vista Home Premium Service Packs 1 & 2

FSCommander 9.2.1 Build 28July 2012

When in FSX Cockpit view at an airport CYRV Revelstoke BC Canada and with Google Earth in map view at the same airport . FSCommander also at the same airport I cannot activate

"Show position in Google Earth" as it is Greyed out. Also I tried going to FSC/ Window/Online to put a dot in Google Earth with correct path specified as C\Program Files(86)\Google\Google Earth. I can put a dot in it but when clicking "Close" it will not save it. So I cannot revert to Google Earth to find FSCommander in Temporary Places as it naturally does not appear.

Please be kind enough to advise

Regards

Howard

Hi Howard,

Your settings of the path are not correct. This must be:

C:\Program Files(86)\Google\Google Earth\client.

Please compare the screenshot in the manual with your settings.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker

I have changed it in FSC\Window\Options\Online to C:\Program Files(86)\Google\Google Earth\ Client

and put a "dot" in the button then clicked "Close" but on opening it up again the The "Dot" is no longer in the button.

Fos some reason it is not saving it.

In GPS "Show Position in Google Earth " is still Greyed out.

Hope you can solve it

Regards

Howard

Hi Again Volker

I have also noticed from the manual that in Window\Options there should be 7 tabs showing but mine only shows 6. The "Flight Plan" tab is missing.

Regards

Howard

Hi Howard,

Last try:

1. check that inside the folder C:\Program Files(86)\Google\Google Earth\client the file googleearth.exe exists.

2. Open the folder FSC9. Search the file FSC.EXE. Right click on this file.

Select from the context menu "Run as Administrator". Try again to make the path settings.

If it's not working now, I have no solution.

Regards,

Volker

I have also noticed from the manual that in Window\Options there should be 7 tabs showing but mine only shows 6. The "Flight Plan" tab is missing.

Hi Howard,

In this case you own an old manual.

Download the current manual from our website.

Volker

Hi Volker.

I followed your instructions exactly, but the problen remained exactly as stated at the beginning of my post. Googleearth.exe exists.

So I am going to Uninstall FSC & reinstall tomorrow & will also do the same for FSUIPC module,

Will let you know how I get on

Regards

Howard

Hi Volker

Yesterday I uninstalled FSC & Shut down Computer. Today I checked that Googleearth.exe was in the client folder. It is there OK.

Then reinstalled FSUIPC4.8 Payware Version. It also has Permission & full control.

Then reinstalled FSC9.2.1 Build 28-July-2012. (Right clicked on the FSC.exe togive Administration rights before install) Installed it & again gave permanent admin rights.

Went to Window\Options\Online & directed Google earth to C:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Google Earth\ Client. Then put a dot in the radio button, Clicked close.

Then to check I reopened it and the Dot in the Radio button had disappeared (it would not store the google pathway)

Finally in GPS "show position in Google earth" is still greyed out.

So I guess we cannot find the solution Volker. I will have to manage without the possibility of a road map for VFR flying using Google & revert to another program i,e, "Plan G",

unless you have a brainwave to solve it.

Thank you so much for trying

Best regards

Howard

Hi Volker

Thank you for your brilliant support. Google earth now working a treat.

Much appreciated by this FSC fan & dedicated user.

In my opinion it is the best program on the market.

Best Regards

Howard