The simFlight Network Forums

Time Machine Schedule with historic airline livery question

Kodiakman9

Hello,

I have My Traffic X 5.4a and I can load my historical schedule of 1985 successfully into FSX. However, when I scan out of the aircraft when I start a flight I am viewing modern liveries of Delta, AirTran, United, and American Airlines. How can I get the 1985 liveries of these aircraft companies to load so it is authentic with the time.

Also, please add Eastern Airlines to the classic airlines to make list.

Please advise.

You should see the old liveries of Delta or United, and also Eastern (not sure about 1985 if they existed still), American has the same livery since 707 times. If you see a wrong one, ( do not mind +/- a few years), then please post it here with a screen shot so that I can check what happened.

Here is a pic with the 1980 schedule at KDCA taken at night. What I did so far

1) I deleted all the scenery / traffic / plane data

2) I reinstalled all the above

3) Created Historical Flight data from the communicator

4) Created the 1980 schedule

Please note the Delta tail livery circa 2011.

Thanks-

KodiakmanDelta 1980 livery.doc

What is the size of file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficcommercial.bgl? Only explanation I have up to now is that the mechanism does not work because you have not suffcient user rights, and cannot repalce the bgl files. I will make asetup for 1980 myself and look.

Your picture looks good and it gives me hope. I do have a couple of questions. First how big is your mytraffivcommercial.bgl file. Second what is the exact procedure to get the 1980 traffic and livery

. And if I do all that and it still does not show up should I uninstall and reinstall the program?. Do I have to set the date to be 1980 from the main menu as well on flight simulator

That file size makes sense. If you change to a newer date, does this file get bigger, up to around 100 MB for 2010?

How exactly do you select the schedules? The settings in FSX have no influence, it is all about the selection of the schedules. You have FSX (which version?). Or P3D? You have copied TrafficDataBasebuilder.exe? You have a full version MyTraffic 5.4a, or updated from 5.4. Please descibe in detail your setup and every single step you do, so that I can make an identical setup, repeat all your steps to see where it fails.

I think I know what the problem is. I am at KBOS and I am expecting 1985 livery and aircraft. However, I can see the old airlines at KJFK. At KBOS it is a different story. Please check your scheudling there for 12:27PM - you have Jet Blue and Southwest in the schedule. I think this might be a programming mistake please check into this. Thanks!

On this information, I assume now you have some other schedules installed in addition to the MyTraffic Professional ones. Did you ever install MyTraffic Live. MyTraffic Lite, AirNavs FSLIve? Maybe you run from the communicator the "Search for traffic bgls" and post the outcome here...

Here are my results:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\anfs2.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MyTrafficclosed.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MytrafficGlobal.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery rafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_FSX_KMLI_GA.bgl