The simFlight Network Forums

So many problems...

gunju221

So I installed Mytraffic 2013 today.

So, my FIRST problem is:

No matter what I do the default traffic is still there. I have removed the trafficaircraft.bgl file, renamed, everything. Whatever I do, nothing changes in the flightsim. The default traffic is STILL there.

My second, and BAD problem is:

The traffic is lined up incorrectly with the gates!!!! The traffic are overlapping the jetway, and when they taxi and go to take off, some of them just go through the entire terminal to the taxiway!!!

What the????????????

Default traffic - The default air traffic is contained solely within "trafficAircraft.bgl", which is found in ...\Flight Simulator X\scenery\world\scenery. If you have renamed that and are still getting default aircraft then another bgl file is causing them to load. Do a search for *traffic*.bgl on your FSX directory and see what else is in there.

Incorrectly positioned/taxying aircraft - that means you are using add-on airports and have not layered MyTraffic correctly in your scenery library. If you check the manual, it tells you exactly where to position MTX to avoid that happening (it's above "Propellor Objects" and below "Addon Scenery" in the list).

Cheers,

Ian P.

Default traffic - The default air traffic is contained solely within "trafficAircraft.bgl", which is found in ...\Flight Simulator X\scenery\world\scenery. If you have renamed that and are still getting default aircraft then another bgl file is causing them to load. Do a search for *traffic*.bgl on your FSX directory and see what else is in there.

Incorrectly positioned/taxying aircraft - that means you are using add-on airports and have not layered MyTraffic correctly in your scenery library. If you check the manual, it tells you exactly where to position MTX to avoid that happening (it's above "Propellor Objects" and below "Addon Scenery" in the list).

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ok, fixed the lineup problem.

But the default traffic.

I did a search. But all that shows up are traffic files for specific addon scenery..

If you have didabled trafficAircraft.bgl - to what exactly did you rename it?

If it is disabled and you still see the traffic, then I assume you have them installed by another addon. Use MyTraffic Communicater, run a "search for traffic bgl", and look at the file that pops up once this has ended. If you have a doubt post this here.

If you have didabled trafficAircraft.bgl - to what exactly did you rename it?

If it is disabled and you still see the traffic, then I assume you have them installed by another addon. Use MyTraffic Communicater, run a "search for traffic bgl", and look at the file that pops up once this has ended. If you have a doubt post this here.

Ok, I did that and it comes up with a message

"Windows cannot find 'Traffic_schedules.txt'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Edited by gunju221

You do not have sufficient user rights over the MyTraffic folder I suspect. Switch off the user access control if you still have that nonsense on, ensure you have full control over the folder and try again.

If this is not the reason, check which files get created by this process.