The simFlight Network Forums

Forwarding a key combination to FSX

Hi

I have a defualt set of controls setup in fsuipc for all FSX a/c

But unfortunatly PMDG seems to comply with very few of FSX controls, so i need to use fsuipc "aircraft specific"or profile for PMDG, so that when fsuipc sees the key combo's it would forward to FSX eventually getting to PMDG.

example ctrl+shift+e is typical of the key combos i am using

tried to use press&release, but can not figure out what the parameter to pass should be, should the parameter be the key combo, if so do i pass ascci, not sure format for passing something ctrl+shift+e

Generally which is the best way to solve this problem, (not using simconnect or widefs)

Cheers

But unfortunatly PMDG seems to comply with very few of FSX controls, so i need to use fsuipc "aircraft specific"or profile for PMDG, so that when fsuipc sees the key combo's it would forward to FSX eventually getting to PMDG.

Yes, but is this for the PMDG 737NGX? If so you'd be better off using the control numbers, as documented in the ".h" file in the NGX SDK.

example ctrl+shift+e is typical of the key combos i am using

tried to use press&release, but can not figure out what the parameter to pass should be, should the parameter be the key combo, if so do i pass ascci, not sure format for passing something ctrl+shift+e

If you are programming buttons to send keypresses, just do so on the left-hand side of the Buttons & Switches tab. The only use of the "press&release" control is when either programming keypresses via offsets, as from another program, or from the right-hand side (zones) part of the axis assignments facility.

There is no parameter if you simply program the buttons to send keypresses. It's just a simple matter of entering the keypresses themselves!

If you must use the "press and release" control, then the parameter is the numerical version of the key (e = 101), from the table given, and the "ctrl+shift" part is worked out by adding the values for those together (as in the list provided), multiplying by 256 and adding the result. Shift=1, Control = 2 so 3 x 256 = 768, 768 + 101 = 869. Alternatively and maybe more simply you can use the format "JsBk" where s = shift codes and k= keycode, so J3B101 would be the same as 869.

Pete