The simFlight Network Forums

PFC COM interface + ProSim 737

Mr. Pete,

I'm studying the possibility to install in a PFC 737NG Jet Trainer (Jet Line) old, who uses a serial interface, the software Prosim 737.

I found that there are two possibilities:

- Use the serial interface and the option of Prosim driver "Generic COM port".

Studying the PFC test, I noticed that the program conveys a word "ascii", and for example, lighting a flag in the "mcp" the PFC.

I confirmed the fact monitoring the serial CPU.

But if I send the same word via serial, can not the same result.

idem via Prosim.

Then there is the other option:

- Use the serial interface together with the driver Prosim "FSUIPC support".

In this situation, could use PFC.DLL to receive data via serial and designate the offsets in FSUIPC ProSim737 System?

Because I still did not realize this research?

There are seven options settings for "FSUIPC support", which is the best if you can say?

If possible, how should I configure the options and Prosim "FSUIPC".

Returning the first option, if you can provide this information, as is the word that is transmitted via serial?

Follows a pattern established or is simply the word and maybe something kind word + "new line"?

The address information is available in the scripts "TCL" test program of PFC.

As I do not know the language "TCL" I could not see how the information is transmitted to the MCP, for example.

Via FSUIPC there is a possibility of communicating directly or via serial communication would be the best option?

In the latter case what can I be doing wrong, because if the PFC sends a TEST information because the same information conveyed otherwise (specific software to read and write in with) does not have the same result?

Thank for suggestions or information that might enlighten me and guide.

Thank you for your attention.

Kind regards,

Maury Maia

Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande Do Sul

Faculty of Aeronautical Sciences

Laboratory

I'm studying the possibility to install in a PFC 737NG Jet Trainer (Jet Line) old, who uses a serial interface, the software Prosim 737.

I found that there are two possibilities:

- Use the serial interface and the option of Prosim driver "Generic COM port".

Studying the PFC test, I noticed that the program conveys a word "ascii", and for example, lighting a flag in the "mcp" the PFC.

But only the MCP and EFIS units use an ASCII protocol. The centre console, quadrant, MIP and other controls, including the overhead switches, use a binary protocol.

Then there is the other option:

- Use the serial interface together with the driver Prosim "FSUIPC support".

In this situation, could use PFC.DLL to receive data via serial and designate the offsets in FSUIPC ProSim737 System?

The PFC driver I wrote for the 737NG, to interface to FS, is designed sepcifically to work with Project Magenta. The best way for you to proceed would be to specify to Prosim the PM offsets, so that it basically takes the place of PM. PM do publish full details of those offsets.

There are seven options settings for "FSUIPC support", which is the best if you can say?

If possible, how should I configure the options and Prosim "FSUIPC".

Sorry, what do you mean by "seven options"? Support for PFC serial devices is provided via PFC.DLL and PFCFSX.DLL, and for USB devices by PFCHID.DLL. FSUIPC is needed, but it is used directly by these other modules.

In the latter case what can I be doing wrong, because if the PFC sends a TEST information because the same information conveyed otherwise (specific software to read and write in with) does not have the same result?

I am sorry, but the protocol data is proprietary to PFC and I am bound by non-discolsure agreements. I strongly suggest you either use PFC.DLL or PFCFSX.DLL as intended, or negotiate with PFC for whatever information you think you need to go it alone.

Regards

Pete

Mr. Pete,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I apologize if I requested information that is restricted due to the reasons given, but fortunately the response are available in official documentation and pages of traditional suppliers to the area of simulation.

According to this documentation, "MCP / FCU Codes / MCP / FCU Interface (defined by ELAN Informatique)", was missing after being sent the address of the character offset (chr) ascii null (0x0).

Through a terminal program, sending commands in hex ​​format, got success.

But the implementation of serial communication is recent in ProSim and this option only accepts entries in the format "chr", thus making it impossible, in my knowledge, the inclusion of "ASCII" chr null (0x0) after the offset.

At this time the option of using PFC.dll in conjunction with the "FSUIPC" can not be implemented because not located the possibility of changing the settings of the serial port implemented by ProSim (115200 N, 8.0) whereas protocol sets in (19200, N, 8,1).

I tried to contact the staff of the Forum ProSim, but he is down for maintenance.

As soon as possible, I will present the situation and the suggestion to allow adjustment with the serial com and the option to enter the Gateway via option "Generic Serial" also in Hexa.

Regarding options to connect via "FSUIPC" posted a picture below that shows the "seven options". I believe that the former is, in my case the correct one.

Opc%25C3%25A7%25C3%25B5es%2520FSUIPC%25281%2529.jpg

Thank you for your attention and assistance when you get more results, go back and reactive the topic.

Kind regards,

Maury Maia

Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande Do Sul

Faculty of Aeronautical Sciences

Laboratory

Edited by LabFaca

I apologize if I requested information that is restricted due to the reasons given, but fortunately the response are available in official documentation and pages of traditional suppliers to the area of simulation.

According to this documentation, "MCP / FCU Codes / MCP / FCU Interface (defined by ELAN Informatique)", was missing after being sent the address of the character offset (chr) ascii null (0x0). ...

That protocol only applies to the MCP. PFC does not use it for their other serial port devices such as the centre console, the yoke and it buttons, nor the MIP or quadrant.

At this time the option of using PFC.dll in conjunction with the "FSUIPC" can not be implemented because not located the possibility of changing the settings of the serial port implemented by ProSim (115200 N, 8.0) whereas protocol sets in (19200, N, 8,1).

You evidently misunderstood. I was never proposing adapting ProSim to handle the PFC hardware directly. Use my PFC.DLL or PFCFSX.DLL to handle the hardware and operate FS + Project Magenta via the standard PM offsets. Then simply configure ProSim to use the same PM offsets. There is no need to try to make ProSim connect direct to the hardware. If you do, then please don't ask me for support because then you will not be using my software at all.

Regarding options to connect via "FSUIPC" posted a picture below that shows the "seven options". I believe that the former is, in my case the correct one.

That "seven options" list is unknown to me, it is not my software and not my list. However, it seems to simply relate to the nature of a specific offset -- 8 bit unsigned, 16-bit signed, unsigned etc etc. It is a choice of format for an offset, nothing to do with hardware, and it can be different for each possible variable. For the type of value for each offset in FSUIPC you need the FSUIPC offsets list (in the FSUIPC SDK), and for PM you need the PM offsets list (on their website).

I hope this won't offend you, but I'm afraid it looks like you are very confused about what is what. It looks like you are rushing into doing things without proper research and working out what you are doing first. If you want, as you imply, to make your own way of driving the PFC hardware then good luck to you, but I think you are going on the wrong course.

Regards

Pete