The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ramon.cutanda

Is it possible to calculate the distance between two points of the route?

I'd like to find an easy way to calculate the distance of two intermediate points of a route. Image a route A, B, C, D, E and that I'd like to know what the distance is between B and D. Is there any direct way to do so?

And if not... I think that could be a nice feature for future releases.

Thanks so much

On page 22 of the manual there is a picture of the toolbar button that "activates the measuring tool for

distance and course." Press the button and then click, drag and release on the map. You will get a line showing heading and distance.

If I understand the question, couldn't these "points" simple be included in a flight plan that calculates the distances between them. The measuring tool probably shows the distance between point A and B while the flight plan will show the distances between all included therein. It all depends in what the need for the information is; calculating fuel loads, speed or time?

Thanks so much for your kind replies. I'm preparing 41 stages for a Concorde World Tour. There's a HUGE difference in Concorde's fuel consumption depending on doing supersonic or subsonic flight, so I need to know, quite accurately, what's the distance of the subsonic legs. For example, one of the stages is:

FTTJ KELOT UA403 DINTA UR778 TONBA UM215 UPLIT UM732 MEGAN UM740 RONAB UL12 VELAD UT378 DOBIM UM616 PIGOS UM733 CLM LFPG

The subsonic flight starts some 50 miles before PIGOS, so I need to know what the distance is between PIGOS and destination (LFPG) The measurement tool helps, but I was wondering if there was a direct way to add up all the partial distances of a segment.

Creating a new "partial" flight plan is another option; but I need to find an airport close to where I need the subsonic stage to begin, because a route cannot have an intersection or a VOR as an start point or end.

Thanks for your suggestions, though.

Bests,

Ramon: Using your flight plan and deleting the waypoints between PIGOS and LFPG, the FSC Flight Planner calculates the distance at 380NM.

Start the subsonic flight 50NM (distance provided by the GPS) from PIGOS and the total distance to LFPG should be 430NM, as the crow flies. This may not be what you are after, just trying to help. Best regards, Jesus