The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonahbird

Installation in new PC

Hi Volcker

I have just taken delivery of a new PC and am trying to install FSC. I thought I had kept all the necessary information, but after several hours of trying and thinking and trying again I cannot get it installed.

SimMarket has details of my purchases: V8 in 2007 and V9 upgrade in January 2010. I also have my new key number for V9.

Then I am stuck. I seem to be only able to install the trial version and cannot find a way to register my key.

I am sorry to trouble you, but I would value your guidance.

I put it down to old age (80 next month) and wonder if it's time to give all this up.

My 2nd PC is uses Vista, and my new one is on W7.

Many thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

since you're using Win7, do you have installed the FSC as an administrator?

Please read this document: http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=98768

Run the FSCommander after installation. Click on ABOUT -> REGISTER and write your SimMarket data in the Name and e-mail address fields.

If this does not work, write me an e-mail.

My e-mail address you can find at the bottom on the homepage www.fscommander.com

Regards,

Volker

btw. the trial version is the real version and will be activated with your registration data

Hi Volcker

That "About" and "Register" is ringing bells - muffled ones. Thanks for the reminder, and the offer of further direct help. I may need it :huh:

and - Thanks Otto. I don't have the boxed version. It is a download, and I have the zip file safely stored on my NAS. I read and read, but didn't spot the About/register thing. I believe that will solve it. I will try later and report back.

Best regards to you both

Frank

Just to say that I still haven't been able to get FSC going. A good friend, who is more skilled with computers than I, is helping. He is also an FS enthusiast and builds our PCs.

My problem could be that the 'demoted' PC was the client in the previous setup, and I wish to keep FSX on it. But it has to now serve the new Main FSX computer.

They are networked, of course, and I have full FSUIPC4 & WideFS, so that link should be no problem.

I will feed back when we have got it running again.

Frank

Hi Volker

All is well now. My friend mapped to the hidden UNC drive paths from the FSC PC to the FSX PC.

I could never have done that. I'm not sure I even understand it :cry: .

Regards

Frank