The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Wide FS

Hi Pete. I bought FSUIPC for FS9 and FSX about 2 years ago. I bought WIDEFS last night and tried to install it . When I try to install both it installs WIDEFS but tells me that my FSUIPC copy is not registered. Then when I rerun the installer and install FSUIPC it tells me that WIDEFS is not installed. The only thing that I can think of is that I used different emai., addresses each time. Please advise? (PS I dropped the DLL and INI files straight into the modules folder of FS) Thanks very much! Regards and best wishes..Dave Stein

Hi Pete. I bought FSUIPC for FS9 and FSX about 2 years ago. I bought WIDEFS last night and tried to install it . When I try to install both it installs WIDEFS but tells me that my FSUIPC copy is not registered. Then when I rerun the installer and install FSUIPC it tells me that WIDEFS is not installed. The only thing that I can think of is that I used different emai., addresses each time.

For several years now you have been able to use different email addresses for WideFS and FSUIPC. The name must be identical, that's all. Just rerun the FSUIPC installer and enter both registrations.

Note that WideFS for FS9 and FSX are two different registrations, separate purchases, so make sure you use the right data for each.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete. Thanks for the prompt reply. I bought my fs9 FSUIPC with my other email address davidwoolfstein@gmail.com and the name David Stein. The WIDEFS that i bought yesterday was through another vendor and the email address is my work one david.stein@bayer.com and the name I gave originally was Dave Stein. Please advise how I should proceed as I cannot give identical names because of this. Also, I was told to drop the .DLL file into the fs9 modules folder for WideFS yet the FSUIPC requires an installer. I am confused! PS I love your software!! Thanks!!

Hi Pete. Thanks for the prompt reply. I bought my fs9 FSUIPC with my other email address davidwoolfstein@gmail.com and the name David Stein. The WIDEFS that i bought yesterday was through another vendor and the email address is my work one david.stein@bayer.com and the name I gave originally was Dave Stein. Please advise how I should proceed as I cannot give identical names because of this.

You are in trouble then. I can only suggest you submit a problem ticket to SimMarket, explaining your mistake and asking if they can fix it. You'd need to choose one name or the other.

Also, I was told to drop the .DLL file into the fs9 modules folder for WideFS yet the FSUIPC requires an installer.

Yes, FSUIPC has an installer. The registration of both FSUIPC and WideFS is performed by the Installer. It is a utility which installs FSUIPC and its documentation and also performs the function of Registration. It was moved there from FSUIPC because the Installer has the needed privilege and saves having to run FS in elevated admin mode just to register then close it and reload it normally. Isn'ty that better? Why do you have a problem with this?

Pete

You are in trouble then. I can only suggest you submit a problem ticket to SimMarket, explaining your mistake and asking if they can fix it. You'd need to choose one name or the other.

Yes, FSUIPC has an installer. The registration of both FSUIPC and WideFS is performed by the Installer. It is a utility which installs FSUIPC and its documentation and also performs the function of Registration. It was moved there from FSUIPC because the Installer has the needed privilege and saves having to run FS in elevated admin mode just to register then close it and reload it normally. Isn'ty that better? Why do you have a problem with this?

Pete

Why do you have a problem with this?

Hi Pete

I don't have a problem with this, but thought that it may be the reason my WIDEFS doesnt work. I contacted SIMMARKET via ticket and maybe they will be able to help me! Thanks..Regards..Dave

Hi Pete.. SIMMARKET very kindly changed the registration details so that FSUIPC and WIDEFS match. I then installed both but WIDEFS is still telling me that it needs to be registered. when I open FSUIPC in FS9 it shows me that FSUIPC is registered but it tells me that I must register WIDEFS. Please help?

Hi Pete.. SIMMARKET very kindly changed the registration details so that FSUIPC and WIDEFS match. I then installed both but WIDEFS is still telling me that it needs to be registered. when I open FSUIPC in FS9 it shows me that FSUIPC is registered but it tells me that I must register WIDEFS. Please help?

You need to run the FSUIPC installer and register both FSUIPC and WideFS there! I already told you this. The installer is the only place you can register!

Pete

Hi Pete. know you told me this but it does not work, hence the fact that I am asking you hy it doesn't work. I have been using fs for many years and am computer savvy. This is one of the first times I have had to use support.

Sorry, I am not out to insult you, but there is so little to go wrong, then. I can't see what you are doing from here, and I don't know of any other folks with such problems, so I have to assume you are making a mistake. Did you run the Installer "as administrator" as instructed?

Please paste both the FSUIPC Install log and the FSUIPC Log contents to a message here. They are both in the FS Modules folder.

Please give me the SimMarket order numbers relating to both the FSUIPC and WideFS keys you are using, so I can cross-check.***

Is there an FSUIPC.KEY file in the FS Modules folder? It is a Text file. Check that it contains both keys and both email addresses, labelled appropriately. Do NOT post it or show any details here, but if in doubt ZIP it and email to petedowson@btconnect.com.

*** [LATER]

It's okay, I found the two orders relating to FSUIPC3 and WideFS6. The former was on 21st October 2011, and the latter, of course, 19th November 2012. They both look fine to me, and work here ok.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.. Maybe I am not understanding how Widefs "looks" inside the simulator. In other words I could ask- how do I know its functional? I want to use it with an IPAD for an instructor station (Louis Gordo) Maybe it is actually working and I am just being a bit blonde.... :) I will ask on the web if someone knows how to set this up with an IPAD using WIDEFS... Thanks a lot.. take care

Hi Pete.. Maybe I am not understanding how Widefs "looks" inside the simulator. In other words I could ask- how do I know its functional?

With FS9 and FSUIPC3, there is a separate DLL doing the Networking. It is called WideServer.DLL and you simply place that in the FS Modules folder. FSUIPC will load it and talk to it. If WideServer is up and running then you'll see (in Windowed mode) "waiting for clients" added in the FS title bar when it is up and running, waiting for client connections. If WideServer is loading it will also produce a Log file, again in the FS Modules folder. check that -- "wideServer.log".

The FSUIPC.Log file will also show whether WideFS is registered, but not if it is loaded and running.

With FSX or P3D and FSUIPC4, it is all exactly the same, but for more efficient communications (needed due to the heavier load FSX presents), the "WideServer.DLL" part is bound into FSUIPC4 itself, so there is no need to actually install anything else. However, everything else is as above.

I want to use it with an IPAD for an instructor station (Louis Gordo) Maybe it is actually working and I am just being a bit blonde.... :) I will ask on the web if someone knows how to set this up with an IPAD using WIDEFS.

I didn't know that Louis had produced an iPad version of his instructor station! That IS very interesting! The only WideFS-using APP I know for the iPad is WideFSMap, which connects automatically once FS + WideFS is running and waiting -- it only needs the IP Address of the FS PC.

[LATER]

I've just done a search for an iPad APP version of Louis Gordo's IS, and it doesn't appear anywhere. Can you give me a link please? Or a keywork to search on the APP store?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.. I have just seen that the Louis Gordo instructor station must be used in another screen (The IPAD) using an app called "AIRDISPLAY" by AVATRAON. This app makes the IPAD appear as a second screen, but you need to use the Louis Gordo instructor station in a windowed form on the IPAD which acts as an extended second screen really, not using the functionality of WIDEFS. he proble with that is that when you put in any input the sound in FS9 switches off. So, in short I have bought WIDEFS because I have been eyeing it out for a long time, just waiting to find some way of using it. I am a conessed flight sim addict and am a slave to add ons!!I am just looking for an application that I can use your WIDEFS with.... Please see the footaage from YOUTUBE re this..

Hi Pete.. I have just seen that the Louis Gordo instructor station must be used in another screen (The IPAD) using an app called "AIRDISPLAY" by AVATRAON. This app makes the IPAD appear as a second screen, but you need to use the Louis Gordo instructor station in a windowed form on the IPAD which acts as an extended second screen really, not using the functionality of WIDEFS. he proble with that is that when you put in any input the sound in FS9 switches off. So, in short I have bought WIDEFS because I have been eyeing it out for a long time, just waiting to find some way of using it. I am a conessed flight sim addict and am a slave to add ons!!I am just looking for an application that I can use your WIDEFS with.

Except for WideFSMap for the iPad you need another Windows PC to have any use for WideFS. You put WideClient.exe on the Networked PCs. Is that how you are running Instructor Station?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete

I am really struggling with getting my Luis Gordo instructor station to work > I have a normal PC and a Laptop to run the Instr Station. I cannot get the 2 to link via widefs. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please see my fsuipc log which makes me think that my WIDEFS is not working. Please advise? ******* FSUIPC, Version 3.999w by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\fs9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="David Stein"

User Addr="davidwoolfstein@gmail.com"

User WideFS Addr="david.stein@bayer.com"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WideFS Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=127

Hi Pete

I am really struggling with getting my Luis Gordo instructor station to work > I have a normal PC and a Laptop to run the Instr Station. I cannot get the 2 to link via widefs. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please see my fsuipc log which makes me think that my WIDEFS is not working. Please advise? ******* FSUIPC, Version 3.999w by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\fs9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="David Stein"

User Addr="davidwoolfstein@gmail.com"

User WideFS Addr="david.stein@bayer.com"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WideFS Key is provided

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=127

I am really struggling with getting my Luis Gordo instructor station to work > I have a normal PC and a Laptop to run the Instr Station. I cannot get the 2 to link via widefs. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please see my fsuipc log which makes me think that my WIDEFS is not working.

Well yes, and you'd be correct. Surely this line is a BIG clue?

So, it seems it isn't registered correctly!

If you are having trouble with registrations, ZIP up the FSUIPC.KEY file in the FS Modules folder and send it to me along with any records you have of the Order numbers. Send to petedowson@btconnect.com. I've just done another search on SimMarket for your orders with the long email address (davidwoolfstein@gmail.com) and can only find registrations for FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4 now, no WideFS.

BTW why do you mess around with font sizes. Makes it very awkward when replying!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete..Thanks! email with details sent to your bt email address! I appreciate the assistance. Dave

You have obtained a new WideFS6 registration and entered it, but you entered your original WideFS6 registration email address instead of the one you were clearly told to in the notification from SimMarket:

When you are dealing with computers you MUST take care to do things exactly. They are not really intelligent enough to understand that when you say one thing you really mean a different thing!

Just run the Installer again and re-register with the correct details.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I registered the fsuipc and WIDEFS again. It still does not work. I know my network is working because I can use the FS9 instructor station with the laptop and desktop computer. The widefs window on the laptop says "waiting for connection" There appears to be no change at all.

I am still getting this message:

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.94] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 02/12/12, Time 17:39:16.983: Server name is DAVID

24164 WideFS cannot be used until it is Registered through FSUIPC (version 3.44 or later)

121462 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 0 alloc, 0 free

I registered the fsuipc and WIDEFS again. It still does not work. I know my network is working because I can use the FS9 instructor station with the laptop and desktop computer. The widefs window on the laptop says "waiting for connection" There appears to be no change at all.

You need to revoke your previous registration. So, run the Installer. When it gets to the Registration, select "both" and "Delete the registrations". THEN enter the new ones, for FSUIPC and confirm then WideFS and confirm.

I think maybe you are choosing "enter new registrations", which, I admit, isn't quite as it could be. it currently allows you to enter a different email which doesn't take. I'll fix that. Originally you couldn't change the name and email without deleting. Something changed when i relaxed the rules on having tow emails the same. Sorry.

Pete

From your email:

I got tried another approach. I removed the fusipc DLL and the WIDEFS DLL

from the modules folder and re-installed both. It now shows that the WIDEFS

and the FSUIPC registration boxes are greyed out, so I think that it is

properly registered now.

Just replacing the binary program files with the same binary program files cannot make any difference. Only deleting the FSUIPC.KEY file, the one containing your registratin data, could make a difference, and you'd need to re-register.

Why didn't you just follow my instructions above?

The wideclient fs98 dialogue box still just says "waiting for connection"

and the fsuipc status on the laptop in Luis Gordo instructor station still

says not connected.

And what do the Logs show? There's an FSUIPC.LOG and a WideServer.Log in the FS Moodules folder, and an WideClient.LOG on your Client. They contain the information needed to resolve things!

I really cannot help at all without information!

Pete

From your further email [PLEASE USE THE FORUM!]

I am including my WIDEFS server log for you to see. maybe this will tell you what is wrong.

No. It shows WideServer is running okay and is waiting for WideClient. As I said above, I need to see the other logs, particularly the WideClient log which shows what is happening on the Client!

I have a feeling you've not bothered to read the section in the WideFS User Guide about configuring your network, the part which it tells you in emboldened red that all users should read part of it! You are probably doing something like using Win7 or Vista on one PC and XP on the other, and haven't put them in the same workgroup.

At this rate this exchange is going to go on for days and days. If you would kindly read what i post and supply the right information it would be a lot quicker and easier for both of us!

Thank you.

Pete

Dear Pete

I am just as frustrated as you, but I paid for your software so I am asking for a little help. While I understand that you are frustrated, I would really like to be able to use fsuipc and widefs. ( I would even be willing to buy the software again if buying FSUIPC and WIDEFS together would solve the issue)

Please be patient and help me instead of making me feel like I am stupid or lazy which I am not. (What may be easy or obvious for you may not be for me- I am a pharmacist and a pilot, not a computer programmer)

I am busy with my Airline Pilot exams and want to be able to practise emergencies at home- that is why I want to use the software with Luis Gordo Instructor Station.

See my responses below

I have a feeling you've not bothered to read the section in the WideFS User Guide about configuring your network, the part which it tells you in emboldened red that all users should read part of it! You are probably doing something like using Win7 or Vista on one PC and XP on the other, and haven't put them in the same workgroup. NO, This is not the case. I read your manual and my workgroups are the same. The Opersating Syetems I am using are both Win 7 64 Bit. In fact I have read it about 10 times and it still does not help me which is why I have asked you for help. I have also gone onto the internet to look for assistance.

And what do the Logs show? I emailed them to you.

Only deleting the FSUIPC.KEY file, the one containing your registratin data, could make a difference, and you'd need to re-register- I ran the delete function which proceeded to tell me that I have registered FSUIPC and WIDEFS so I am not sure how I am supposed to delete the program if it does not work on the installer.

Why didn't you just follow my instructions above? I did and your instructions did not sort out the problem hence the fact that I am asking you for help.

I am just as frustrated as you, but I paid for your software so I am asking for a little help.

And I am spending a lot of time trying to help you, to no avail because you do not seem to read what I say.

I read your manual and my workgroups are the same. The Opersating Syetems I am using are both Win 7 64 Bit. In fact I have read it about 10 times and it still does not help me which is why I have asked you for help. I have also gone onto the internet to look for assistance.

This is the first bit of useful information. So you have something else wrong, which is why I need to see both logs.

And what do the Logs show? I emailed them to you.

No, you did not! You just sent me an FSUIPC log and two WideServer logs, both of which show the same as the last, and still no Wideclient log file from your Client PC!

There are TWO ends to a PC network link between two computers. The server end, where FS runs, is okay. It is broadcasting its service but the Client is either not connected or not running or is unable to see the broadcasts. The Client log would either confirm this or show what the problem might be.

Also, if you did, as you say, read the first few paragraphs in the network configuring part of the WideFS User Guide, you would see that as an alternative to relying on the Broadcast you can explicitly give the Server's name or IP address.

Only deleting the FSUIPC.KEY file, the one containing your registratin data, could make a difference, and you'd need to re-register- I ran the delete function which proceeded to tell me that I have registered FSUIPC and WIDEFS so I am not sure how I am supposed to delete the program if it does not work on the installer.

I think you are very confused here. In order to get the Server working, as it certainly is now, with your incorrect registration, merely deleting the FSUIPC DLL and the WideServer DLL would not have mad a jot of difference. When you deleted those you must also have deleted the FSUIPC KEY file, which allowed it to re-register from scratch. However, as i pointed out, the "delete" rather than "enter new" option woould also have done the same thing.

Why didn't you just follow my instructions above? I did and your instructions did not sort out the problem hence the fact that I am asking you for help.

The instructions I was referring to were to use Delete Registrations. Instead of that you deleted the DLLs and re-ran the Installer, and evidently the KEY file as well. This is why it DID then work, so daying it still did not sort out the problem is just plain wrong. It did sort out your registration problem!

You now have a different problem, one on the network, and you still haven't provided the Log file for me to assist with that.

I am continuing to try to help to the best of my ability, but I really must ask yet again that you read more carefully so you can begin to help me help you. There is nothing hard or complicated here. I ask to see a file, you show it to me, I tell you what might be wrong and how to fix it.

You and I might both find it quicker if you pasted the file contents into messages here rather that coninuing to use emails, which were only for the confidential registration data.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete

I am including the wideserver log.

Thanks

********* WideClient Log [version 6.987] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 03/12/12, Time 01:04:49.215: Client name is DAVID

219 LUA: "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Initial.LUA": not found

219 Attempting to connect now

219 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

219 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

1233 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

1233 Ready to try connection again

2247 Attempting to connect now

6475 New Client Application: "istation" (Id=3400)

61964 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

61964 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

138888 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

138888 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

200774 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

200774 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

262550 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

262550 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

324327 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

324327 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

386103 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

386103 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100