The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Wide FS

I am including the wideserver log.

Actually thst's the correct WideClient log. Thank you.

If this information is correct:

219 Trying TCP/IP host "David" port 8002 ...

219 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.100

which it looks to be, then the problem is this:

1233 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

which probably means that your Server PC has a firewall block on either all programs accessing it, or just this one. It could possibly be a firewall block on the Client, so I'd check both if I were you. In general, if you have a fireewall operating on your internet Router, as most folks do, it isn't so necessary to have it also on each PC, and it does make networking a bit of a chore. I've got 12 computers in my Network and if i had the firewalls all running I'd be up the wall myself! ;-)

If you want to leave the firewall enabled you'll need to allow the program "WideClient.exe" through to the Server and the program "FS9.EXE" through to the Client.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I am stumped!

This is my wideclient log:

te (dmy): 03/12/12, Time 22:10:08.814: Client name is DAVID

234 LUA: "C:\I Station\iStation\Initial.LUA": not found

250 Attempting to connect now

250 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

250 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

2309 Attempting to connect now

20811 New Client Application: "istation" (Id=3656)

31232 ****** End of session performance summary ******

31232 Total time connected = 0 seconds

31232 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

31232 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

31232 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

31232 **************** Individual client application activity ****************

31232 Client 3656 requests: 10 (Ave 10/sec), Data: 400 bytes (400/sec), Average 40 bytes/Process

31232 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 1, Alloc 10 Freed 10 Refused 0) ****

I am stumped!

This is my wideclient log:

The log shows no connection in the few seconds you allowed WideClient to run. It hasn't even received the broadcast from the Server yet before you started "istation". What are you doing? You need to have FS running and Wideserver ready, waiting for clients, as before.

Did you check or remove your firewalls?

Pete

I meant wideclient was ready..sorry!

WideClient didn't even see the Broadcast as it did in the originalLog you showed, so what have you changed? Broadcasts are not sent until FS is "ready to fly", and won't get to PCs on a different WorkGroup. You've changed something to make it worse.

I note that you only ran WideClient for a few seconds before closing it down! Sometimes it takes a lot longer, depending on your Network and what else is going on in both PCs. You tried to start a program on the Client too, which means WideClient was doing a lot of other things already, yet you still closed it within seconds!

Pete

Dear Pete

Thanks for your patience. I started all over and reinstalled fsuipc and widefs, reconfigured my PC workgroups restarted the machines and VOILA! It is all working properly now. The Luis Gordo software is awesome too! The wait was worth it. I now want to buy any software that works with your WIDEFS that I can get!!

Regards and best wishes..Dave

Thanks for your patience. I started all over and reinstalled fsuipc and widefs, reconfigured my PC workgroups restarted the machines and VOILA! It is all working properly now. The Luis Gordo software is awesome too! The wait was worth it.

Okay. I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Regards

Pete