The simFlight Network Forums

NATS - Some Education Required

eeyore

Hello FSC Community

1. FSX

2. FSUIPC (4853) and WideFS (6987)

3. FS Commander (921 Build 280712) and Database Manager (921 Build 280712)

4. simMarket Version

5. Operating System W7x64

I am currently updating my flight plans as created using FSC and (as Volker suggested) from now onwards doing this each time I fly my PMDG MD11.

Anyway, I have also taken the oppotunity to look into updating my NAT data, which I have again learnt is updated every 12 hours.

However, I now see only Westbound tracks are showing with no Eastbound tracks showing at all.

Looking at the data as "downloaded" and prior to hitting the "save" button, it appears as though only tracks a to f are included in this update.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? For instance, do the authorities update the eastbound/westbound tracks alternately every 12 hours? Or is it just that eastbound track information is missing from this particular update? What is it that people do to get round this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You did it correctly identified. The display of Natracks EASTBOUND and/or WESTBOUND is the responsibility of the ICAO Authority.

Example: The display of an EASTBOUND tracks makes no sense if no plane flies from the U.S.A. EASTBOUND

because most major airports for landings at night have closed in Europe.

This also applies to the direction WESTBOUND.

Volker

Helpfull information can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia....Atlantic_Tracks