The simFlight Network Forums

Some offsets help needed.

Dear Pete,

I am writing this email because i am needing your help. I want to assign some project magenta offsets but they are not read and write the same time. Half are only read and the other half only write. Is any possibility inside fsuipc for one assignement to accept both actions (for example the fcu heading set to be read and write at the same time)? I am putting bellow the wanted offsets for reference:

Offset Size Use

5406 2 MCP/FCU IAS Set (Write)

5408 2 MCP/FCU Heading Set (Write)

540A 2 MCP/FCU Altitude Set (Write)

540C 2 MCP/FCU V/S Set (Write) FCU - FPA in 100s, i.e. 0.9 = 90, -1.4 = -140

540E 2 MCP/FCU Mach Set (Write) (72 = 0.72 mach)

(MCP Build 307+: These values can be written to the MCP, but the MCP has the last word whether they

are used, depending on the active modes, use offset 0x4E0 etc. to read the actual values)

04E0 2 MCP/FCU IAS (Read Only) 250 = 250 Knots IAS (1:1)

04E2 2 MCP/FCU Heading (Read Only)

04E4 2 MCP/FCU Altitude (Read Only) (100 of feet, i.e. 3000 ft = 30, 31000 ft = 310)

04E6 2 MCP/FCU Selected Vertical Speed (Read Only) FCU - FPA in 100s, i.e. 0.9 = 90, -1.4 = -140

04E8 2 MCP/FCU Mach (Read Only) (70 = 0.7 Mach)

Please see offset 0x5406 for "Write" addresses

Best Regards

sxa1376

I am writing this email because i am needing your help. I want to assign some project magenta offsets but they are not read and write the same time. Half are only read and the other half only write. Is any possibility inside fsuipc for one assignement to accept both actions (for example the fcu heading set to be read and write at the same time)? I am putting bellow the wanted offsets for reference

Really i cannot support other folk's software. PM support would be the correct place. However, I can ask how you can "assign" to an offset for reading? There are no FSUIPC assignments to make a button or axis or anything else READ an offset. And what would it do with it if t could?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

sorry for the delay in responce, i am afraid my English are bad and i have not make you understand what i want to do. If we look another Pm offset for example the offset " 5410" in page 12 of PMOffsets.pdf downloaded from pm web site which it is size 4 and lets choose the assignement "LOC bit 28" for example. Now if inside P3d if i will open FSUIPC and i go to "Buttons + Switches" section and i assign this button there as you can see in the following picture : http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/11/29/fMJA4.jpg i am getting a button providing the "LOC" button on the airbus auto pilot and this is read and write. The previous assignements i send you are not write and read at the same time and as you can see half of them are only read and the other half are only write so i wonder if there any way (maybe from inside fsuipc sdk) to make them (i am thinking maybe only the half of them) read and write at the same time as the example of the "LOC" button i gave you above.

Best Regards

George

sorry for the delay in responce, i am afraid my English are bad and i have not make you understand what i want to do. If we look another Pm offset for example the offset " 5410" in page 12 of PMOffsets.pdf downloaded from pm web site which it is size 4 and lets choose the assignement "LOC bit 28" for example. Now if inside P3d if i will open FSUIPC and i go to "Buttons + Switches" section and i assign this button there as you can see in the following picture : http://fsfiles.org/f...11/29/fMJA4.jpg i am getting a button providing the "LOC" button on the airbus auto pilot and this is read and write. The previous assignements i send you are not write and read at the same time and as you can see half of them are only read ad the other half are only write so i wonder if there any way (maybe from inside fsuipc sdk) to make them (i am thinking maybe only the half of them) read and write at the same time as the example of the "LOC" button i gave you above.

For button pressing or switch switching you only want them to be "writeable", not read AND write!

What is reading them? You still seem very confused! Only programs written to display the switch settings (as lights or indicators, for instance) need to read them, and they can read a different offset as specified. There is no way any button can "read" anything! Buttons have no use for reading and no software to read things.

Regards

Pete