The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bosmass

what happened to all the arrivals?

ok, got it working (after reinstalling fsx) but I have one more "little" problem. When I click an airline the view is facing the aircraft from the front at an angle. I used to have it where the view was a locked spot with the view of the plane on the side. I guess I took that for granted because I haven't reinstalled fsx for 5 years. I have tried changing it with a joystick and saving the flight as default but it only saves the view for the selected airline. The next view is the same front facing one. Thankfully this is not a major problem but one that just bugs me.

I'd take a guess that's something in the camera.cfg file. Look for the AI Camera section, which likely contains "HotKeySelect=5"

BTW you are not alone, I just had some kind of catastrophic failure on my FSX computer and it's looks like it's time to reach for the backups.

It looks like when I click an airline it defaults to ai view mode and that is not the view I want. I want to have the locked spot view mode when I click on an airline. It's so strange that I can't figure this out. I remember it was so easy before. I noticed that with the new stb 3.2 there is no selection for camera views like the older versions. Was this taken out or do I have an incomplete install? do I also need airound to get this view. I had it installed before but didn't include it before reinstalling fsx, just wondering

Are you referring to AIRound, only that has the concept of multiple camera views?

Without it, all STB can do is a HotKeySelect, that invokes one of the definitions in cameras.cfg i.e. a single camera view. I've no experience of it, but you can make adjustments to that file if you wish.

For what it's worth:

I had almost the same problem - lots of AI on ground when starting FSX, "normal" amount of departures but almost non arrivals. I have all the WOAI plus many other flightplans installed but even at airports with heavy traffic (KJFK, EDDF, ecc.) max. 1 or 2 arrivals.

I was troubleshooting for about 2 weeks and finally found something interesting in post #7 of this thread http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22897. In fact some of the mentioned files (all image_globe*.bgl and bvcf.bgl) were missing in my scenery/world/scenery. I keep a "clean FSX install" on a separate disk and could recover these files and copy them in my scenery/world/scenery. - and, voilà, all my AI arrivals were back as I was used to before the problem started.

I am 100% sure that I never had deleted such files, they must have been deleted by an installation or de-installation of a program.

There is a parallel fact in bosmass' and my problem: we both had uninstalled UT2 - of course I do not know if this matters at all ...

I do not know if bosmass was missing the same files and he solved the problem by reinstalling FSX, so he obviously got any missing files back.

I wanted to share my experience with those that might run into the same problem: Check for the above mentioned files before you reinstall FSX ( which should always be the very last resource...).

Bests, Peter