The simFlight Network Forums

MyTRAFFIC X PROF 5.4 B / Prepar3D 1.4 / Win8 / No traffic

Guest Baro

Hallo Burghardt,

nach drei Installationsversuchen gehöre auch ich zu den MyTraffic Kunden, die unter Prepar3D 1.4

trotz mehrfacher Einstellungsänderungen keinen AI Traffic sehen.

- MyTraffic hat einen eigenen Ordner im Prepar3D Verzeichnis.

- Dort sehe ich auch das Verzeichnis "Aircraft".

- In der Prepar3D.cfg steht: "SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft"

- In der Prepar3D.cfg habe ich IFROnly=100 auf IFROnly=0 gestzt

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=100

GADensity=100

FreewayDensity=20

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40

LeisureBoatsDensity=40

IFROnly=100

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=5

- im Verzeichnis "MyTraffic" existiert eine MT3D_V54b.myt Datei, die nach Öffnen im MyTraffic Tool auch

vom Inhalt her logiscih aussieht. Nur "Number of scheduled flight" ist auf Null. Alle anderen Parameter im Tausenderbreich.

Trotzdem gibt es im Simulator keinen Verkehr.

Gibt es noch einen anderen Hinweis, den ich noch nicht beachtet habe ?

Wie verhält es sich mit dem Auswahlfeld DirectX 10 ?

Über eine Antwort würde ich mich sehr freuen.

Andreas

Bad Vilbel / Germany

Hallo Burghardt, nachdem ich per Hand das Verzeichnis "Scenery" aus dem Ordner "MyTraffic" in "Prepar3D/Addon Scenery" kopiert habe, sehe ich wieder die ganze Pracht an Flieger am Boden :-) Werde jetzt mal beobachten, ob sich auch in der Luft etwas bewegt. Viele Grüsse Andreas

Hallo Burghardt, danke für Deine schnelle Antwort. In P3D habe ich das komplette MyTraffic Verzeichnis als Szenerie hinzugefügt. P3D hat die Szenerie Datenbank danach gleich aktualisiert. Am Boden in EDDF stehen um die 100 Flieger. Jedoch rollt keine einzige Maschine zum Start und es befindet sich auch keine Maschine im Anflug oder in der Luft. Mit meiner ersten MyTraffic Version unter FSX war deutlich mehr los. Hast Du bitte noch eine Idee wie ich prüfen kann, ob die Flugpläne im richtigen Verzeichnis stehen und diese aktiv sind ? Nach wie vor: IFROnly=0 und alle 3PD Traffic Regler auf 100%. Bei der letzten (vierten Installation von MyTraffic) habe ich vorher auch das Tool FSX2Prepar3D deaktiviert, um sicher zu gehen, dass MyTraffic 5.4B nicht fehlgeleitet wird. Viele Grüsse Andreas.

Edited by Baro

TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied !

MyTraffic X Professional is fully built based on the SDK provided by Lockheed Martin for Prepar3D, to obtain maximal compatibility and optimal performance.

Some functions of MyTraffic require a tool provided in the SDK. If you want to change the currently active schedules, or if you want to program schedules yourself, you need to compile them from the readable text form to binary data format. The tool needed for this compilation is a program called TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe, you find it in your SDK installation, a typical path to it is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\SDKxxxxxx\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe

or similar depending on your installation and your operating system.

To perform any functions in MyTraffic that change schedules, you need this program and have to copy it over to the MyTraffic folder. Unfortunately this program is not marked as redistributable, so we are not allowed to install it for your convenience. There is no TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe on my P3D harddisk at the moment.

The P3D SDK can be downloaded from LM. near to from where you get P3D itself.

Like with FSX, landing traffic initiates at the begin of descend,and if you have ground traffic enabled it start with the clearance and then the ground handling phase, so wait the usual 20 minutes and it should show much life. If you reduce the traffic density, this may happen earlier.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jay Bloomfield

I'm sorry for posting in English in this thread, but I thought that it would better than starting an identical topic. I too am running Win 8 x64 and the install appeared to work perfectly. Unfortunately there was no traffic. After reading the FAQ and following the checklist, I discovered that everything was okay except the MyTrafficCommunicator was not able to add the entry

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

to Prepar3D.cfg, no matter how many times I tied to hit the green button and then the red button to save. Once I put the entry in manually with notepad, MyTraffic worked great. It isn't a permissions issue, since MyTrafficCommunicator can open and save the file (the cfg file time and date change and a bak file is created), so the only other thing that I can think of is a NET Framework issue.

Supposedly, Win 8 has all versions of NET installed. I checked the registry to make sure and the registry flags were all set okay for NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5, so they appear to all be present. The version of NET 3.5 is :

I don't think that it is a 32 vs 64 bit issue either, since these registry entries are mirrored automatically in WOW6432Node.

If you need me to test any beta versions of MyTraffic Communicator under Win 8, let me know. BTW, I have used UT2 and Traffic X (now I guess it's called Traffic 360) with FSX and MyTraffic is vastly superior to either of those traffic products. And it installs natively with Prepar3D. Now I'm just waiting for Prepar3D 2.0 :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jay Bloomfield

Looks like you installed MyTraffic X to P3D - then you have to do it manually since there is a special version for P3D.

If you were directing this response to me, the answer is I have the P3D version of MyTraffic. . BTW, I cannot get an account on this forum. My normal email intercepted the confirmation email from SimFlight before it could even go into my junk mail I then used a gmail account and everything worked fine, except I can't post.

Guest Jay Bloomfield

Ian,

Thanks. First I used my Time Warner Roadrunner account and the display name was jabloomf1230. I realized after 10 minutes that the confirmation email never even got to my junk folder. Time Warner in the US is very diligent about filtering out what THEY think is spam. Then I created a gmail account (jabloomf). That worked fine, but when I tried to log in, at first it worked. I then made a short post here about using EditVoicePack to add an airline to MyTraffic. That never showed up. The next time that I tried to login, I got the message that I was not allowed to post here (!!!). I tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and none of them worked, so it isn't my browser. At this point, if you can make jabloomf work, that would be fine.

I really like MyTraffic and I can get by with reading only, but it would be nice to be able to post, though.

Try logging in with jabloomf, Jay. It looks like our spam filter got overzealous for some reason so I've manually removed the ban.

Let me know how you get on, please? If you can get in, drop me a PM. If you can't, reply here and we'll have to see what in your account is setting its alarm off.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Sorry, it is still the same error message. Could it be because you have a policy that the first post that a user makes has to be reviewed by the Moderator? Maybe that post/approval is hung up somewhere, since it never was posted.

Guest Jay Bloomfield

Thanks. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I guess that I can keep posting via the Guest route.

Anyway, my original question was, if I add airline ATC call sign voices via EditVoicePack, is there anything special that I need to worry about with MyTraffic, since MyT replaces the stock P3D voice file usenglishbig.gvp? I am not adding any of the so-called EditVoicePack community modifications, just the one call sign. Is there anything else that I should worry about, like for example FAA vs. ICAO? I assume that I use the MyT Editor to add the airline.

Thanks again. Your product works flawlessly and I'm using Windows 8.

Sorry. I'd cleared the ban, but hadn't removed the spammer flag. It does say that you have posted one post, but I can't find it anywhere.

Try once more, if that doesn't work, I'll delete all posts by jabloomf and that should reset the approval process.

It's still odd that you managed to trigger the spamblocker, because I can find nothing in your account to warrant it.

Ian P.

Guest Jay Bloomfield

@Burk,

EDV hasn't been updated since 2009 and even that version will only work correctly with the usenglishbig.gvp file that is on the fsx install DVD. EDV 4.0 will happily read the MyTraffic modified gvp file and it even displays a message saying it is loading all 3rd party modifications, but it just doesn't always save the new file correctly (as the online EDV documentation correctly points out).

Do you still have the evpmod file that Lars Møllebjerg sent to you for version 4.0 of EDV of your call signs I would be willing to maintain and update it for you. And I consider it fun to try to get the existing wav snippets to merge into a new sound. It's almost like a game, but I can see your perspective that editing the gvp file is somewhat peripheral to maintaining MyTraffic as a quality product..

EDV may not be supported anymore, but it is pretty bug free. I'd say PM me, but my account here still isn't working. You can email me : jabloomf at nycap.rr.com, if you want to discuss this further. I'm physically located in upstate NY State and I have a pilot certificate (since 1984), which I can provide a facsimile of to you, if you need proof of street address, etc.. I have been using MSFS since it was first introduced. I stopped using it for about three years, but when LM introduced Prepar3D, I thought I'd get back into practicing on the computer. With a recent vintage high end PC and the various payware add-ons, P3D is truly realistic. Below is my EDV handiwork for the "airline" New York State Police (I fly with them as a passenger as part of my job). Unfortunately, I can only use the file with the stock fsx and not MyTraffic.

Jay

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<evp:modification identifier="AIRLINE GREYRIDER" use_variation="false" variation="0" evpversion="4.0.7.0" minversion="4.0.3.0" fsversion="10.0" xmlns:evp="http://www.editvoicepack.com/EditVoicepack/DataFile/1">
<evp:phrase>New York State Police</evp:phrase>
<evp:author>Jay B.</evp:author>
<evp:description />
<evp:comment />
<evp:voices>
<evp:voice name="Voice 0">
<evp:sound_segments>
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME GRIFFISS APPROACH" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="1384" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AC_MODEL AA1" variation="0" start_sample="1019" end_sample="2818" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2801" end_sample="6431" />
</evp:sound_segments>
</evp:voice>
<evp:voice name="Voice 1">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="1961" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="1593" end_sample="5347" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 2">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="3230" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2346" end_sample="5847" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 3">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="2242" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2096" end_sample="6417" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 4">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="2411" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="1816" end_sample="5375" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 5">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="2430" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2788" end_sample="7370" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 6">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="2698" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2579" end_sample="6430" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 7">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="972" end_sample="3928" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2645" end_sample="6594" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 8">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="0" end_sample="3115" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2527" end_sample="7113" />
<evp:voice name="Voice 9">
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AIRPORT KGRF" variation="0" start_sample="258" end_sample="2514" />
<evp:sound_segment identifier="AGENT_NAME OUTRIDER" variation="0" start_sample="2370" end_sample="6566" />
</evp:voices>
</evp:modification>
[/CODE]