The simFlight Network Forums

trying it out agin

bosmass

hello all, I have recently decided to try out Mytraffic again. The creator has done so much work and put so much time into new versions that I would like to see what's improved. I am however a diehard woai user as well and would like to have both live in harmony. How can I use woai and mytraffic together. I have the latest version mytraffic 5.4b and I was able to acheive this in the older versions but I have been gone so long, that now I am starting from the beginning. Thanks

MyTraffic fills all airports to their limits, and has much more airlines than WOAI, so I do not see why you want to ruin your experience with FS8 code.

Technically the problem is that WOAI schedules are written in ttools format, which is a rough estimate of what FS8 schedule format might mean and has been made obsolete when FS8 SDK was published in late 2002. If FSX encounteres schedules in ttools format, the real FS8 format, or the expanded FS9 format, it forces itself into emulation mode of these and does not display its own data format. So, to have both living together, you need to use a tool to translate the WOAI schedules into FSX format. There have been some on the web, I assume they still are.

Are you talking about the aircraft title names? These are compleatly different with woai and my traffic, woai's look like this: WoA_AIA_MD8X_RNX-1Time, my traffic is: MD83_MyPaint00 so there will be no duplicates there, but a few flight plans might be the same or similar, but should be mostly different

well that is part of my problem, I don't really know how to install a schedule too much. I just selected the option of UT2 from the drop down but i'm not sure if that's all there is to it. I also remember that you can put a check mark next to a specific airline and it would not be seen in mytraffic. I forgot how to do that too.

I selected use UT2 schedule which works out pretty well but there are a few airlines that mytraffic did better than the waoi version and I would like to use those. Is it possible to use the mytraffic editor to put that airline back into fsx without messing up my almost perfect now airlines? If so, then how is that done because I have the latest version and I don't see Mytraffic editor and I don't use traffic toolbox.

You have to copy the Traffic Databasebuilder from the SDK over to the MyTraffic folder first.

Then start the MyTraffic editor MyTraffic\MyTrafficX.exe, load the data base MTXV54b.myt, then edit those airlines you want to keep and uncheck the "UT2" check box for these. Once done, save the database under another name, and then run a create all files and traffic, which takes a few minutes, and you should get what you want.