The simFlight Network Forums

Have to assign/create profile every time I fly.

Hi,

For some reason, having created a profile for a particular aircraft, every time I fly I have to go back into FSUIPC and reselect "Profile Specific", then check every axis. While this in not a huge issue, it's annoying to say the least. Then I noticed when looking in my config file that the same aircraft was mentioned several times (this is a new install and I only have a few aircraft installed at the moment but it seems that each time I select profile specific in FSUPIC it add another line in the config file for that profile, even though the aircraft already exists there. Is this normal?

This is what I see in the ini file.

[Profile.B737]

1=Boeing 737-8FE VHYIM Virgin Australia Airlines Winglets

2=Boeing 737-8FE VHYIM Virgin Australia Airlines Winglets

3=Boeing 737-8FE VHYIM Virgin Australia Airlines Winglets

4=Boeing 737-8FE VHYIM Virgin Australia Airlines Winglets

5=Boeing 737-8FE VHYIM Virgin Australia Airlines Winglets

6=Boeing 737-8FE VHYIM Virgin Australia Airlines Winglets

Why would it add an aircraft entry all the time like this? Surely once is enough?

For some reason, having created a profile for a particular aircraft, every time I fly I have to go back into FSUIPC and reselect "Profile Specific", then check every axis. While this in not a huge issue, it's annoying to say the least. Then I noticed when looking in my config file that the same aircraft was mentioned several times (this is a new install and I only have a few aircraft installed at the moment but it seems that each time I select profile specific in FSUPIC it add another line in the config file for that profile, even though the aircraft already exists there. Is this normal?

No, I've never seen that before. Can you please confirm you ARE using a supported version of FSUIPC? You don't even say if it is FS9 or FSX or some other simulator. If you are not using version 3.999w or 4.853 or later please update first, then apply the very latest version (3.999y2 or 4.859i, or even 4.859j by the time you look) from the Download Links subforum. Test again, and if it still occurring let me see the INI file and the LOG file for that session.

BTW, provided you have "ShortAircraftNameOK=substring" set (and it is defaulted like this these days) you could edit the [Profile.B737] entrries to simply:

1=737

and then that profile would be used for every 737 you have or will have, provided there's a "737" someplace in the name.

But please let's work out why the original problem occurs first so that, if it is still prevalent in the current versions, I can fix it.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry for not including more detail. I guess I was after the short answer, either "that's a problem" or "that is completely normal" before investigating further. Thanks for that,

I am using FSX with registered FSUIPC v4.854 (6th Sept 2012) and have WideFS enabled although I am currently not connecting it to anything. When I clear the INI and generate a new one though the ShortAircraftNameOK= is set to No by default.

I will continue to investigate today with the latest beta and get you those files soon.

Greg

I am using FSX with registered FSUIPC v4.854 (6th Sept 2012) and have WideFS enabled although I am currently not connecting it to anything. When I clear the INI and generate a new one though the ShortAircraftNameOK= is set to No by default.

Ah, yes, sorry. That was intended and it seems not done. It will change in the next major release of FSUIPC.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...