The simFlight Network Forums

Help! please

golfcart22

OK, having spoken to VoxATC I understand a few more things. What I would expect to see is something similar to the way UT2 behaves until it starts sending additional data to STB. That is FSX will tell us as much as it knows, but there will also be lots of question marks and particularly so for any parked traffic. if you don't even see this, can you check:

- Do you see the AI in Microsoft's Traffic ToolBox Explorer?

- Is "All Airports" available in the list of airports? If it is, what do you get when you select it?

- In the settings notebook, ensure "Hide Incomplete Flights" is unchecked.

Simon

- Do you see the AI in Microsoft's Traffic ToolBox Explorer?

I'm not sure how to pull up this window. I have the dll registered in dll.xml but when I launch FSX I can't find how to display the window so I cant tell you if it does or not.

- Is "All Airports" available in the list of airports? If it is, what do you get when you select it?

Where?

- In the settings notebook, ensure "Hide Incomplete Flights" is unchecked

Thats only for UT2 (Im using MyTraffx) but yes it is unchecked

Traffic ToolBox: In FSX, Select Tools from the menu bar, and "Traffic Toolbox" should be there. If not, there's a problem with dll.xml most likely.

"All Airports": maybe an option in the pulldown list where it says "Select Airport" in STB, near bottom left.

"Hide Incomplete Flights": Not just UT2, but will hide any flight created through SimConnect that we do not have full schedule data for.

The drop down menu in the lower left of the STB screen only shows me the departing and arriving airports for whatever flight plan I filed. Hide Incomplete Flights has always been unchecked. I really appreciate you helping troubleshoot this.

Finally was able to get Traffic Tools to work. Before I launch VOX I only see my flight in the ToolBox Explorer. After VOX is loaded I then see 25 flights listed here. Again, in STB I only see my flight - I have the Summary selected in Level of Detail and Honor IFR and VFR traffic slider is UNChecked. Are these values correct ?

Also, in the TTB Explorer - I did notice that all of the AI have "?" for type of flight, From, To, ETA etc.

Tony

OK, what you are seeing sounds normal for the situation. The "???" in TTB is a "limitation" of FSX or more precisely the Simconnect interface. When a 3rd party creates AI using the interface, a lot of scheduling information cannot be provided to FSX hence the "???". That also explains to some extent why we can't see anything in STB, as we just don't know enough about the AI to offer a sensible presentation.

The best I can do is to try to replicate what you are seeing in TTB, but it would not contain any more information beyond what you are seeing there so may be of little use.

Simom

It's the nature of SimConnect. When you create a parked AI, you do not specify any notion of departure time. When you want the aircraft to start up and depart, you have to load the flight plan again through simconnect, so a schedule in FSX really has no meaning in that regard. It's the same when the AI is created "in flight", there are no scheduled times as they are not required by FSX to drive the AI through its workflow.

Vox have offered to provide a copy for investigation, perhaps I can bring STB up to the level of TTB (well it should already be, so I need to find out why it isn't).

However please bear with me, with everything else going on including the launch of the P3D version I won't be able to get to this until just after Christmas.

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tony,

I sent you a PM a while ago, I guess it never made it.

The long story short is VoxATC is doing something different to UT2. It seems they create an AI aircraft then drive it themselves with waypoints rather than giving it to the AI state engine like UT2 (and STB) does. Now each is a perfectly valid way of handling AI, but STB knows even less about the VoxATC AI flights than we do with UT2 from SimConnect. Unfortunately there's little I can do about this. Implementing another interface along the lines of UT2 (but completely different) is really more than I have time for anytime soon. And it would also take buy in from VoxATC.

So I'm afraid that's where it stands, very sorry that it's not the answer you are looking for.

Regards

Simon