The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to install - "Insufficient Priviledges"

Hi,

When trying to install the latest FSUIPC version (FSUIPC4 4.853) I get an "insufficient priviledges" error. I tried as it suggests to "Run as Administrator" but this makes no difference.

My account is administrator, and UAC is disabled.

I've installed earlier versions of version 4.x without trouble.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Robin.

When trying to install the latest FSUIPC version (FSUIPC4 4.853) I get an "insufficient priviledges" error. I tried as it suggests to "Run as Administrator" but this makes no difference.

I've nevere heard of that one! What is reporting this, and when? Do you have an Install Log?

My account is administrator, and UAC is disabled.

You being the administrator isn't the same. The elevated privileges needed are simply obtained by right-clicking and selecting "run as" then "administrator". However, the symptoms if it doesn't get enough is that it cannot write to the FS folders when FS is installed in Program Files, which it is by default. There's never been an "insufficient privileges" error that I'm aware of.

I've installed earlier versions of version 4.x without trouble.

In that case your Modules folder is not protected and the current Installer really doesn't need any privileges, and doesn't ask for any. The 4.853 installer is not substantially different from any previous installer, so I don't understand what you are seeing. I need more information.

Regards

Pete