The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pipeorgan

Help required running STB-DS V3.2 wizard

Just purchased SuperTraffic Board for prepar3d where I intend to install it on a client PC. So far I have downloaded and installed the server software on my Prepar3d pc and when I run the wizard I get all the ticks except for the Airport Database Compilation where I receive a failure to make Runways CSV and FStarRC RWS files. Interestingly the error window is titled Make Runways Version 4.6 Not sure if this is relevant but my actual Makerunways exec which I recently installed is version 4.614.

How can I resolve this situation?

So this sounds like an error from running MaeRunways.exe? Can you post the entire error message please? Also, if you run the exe from outside of STB-DS, do you get the same error? If so, we'll need to see if Pete Dowson can help.

Simon

I don't think I've seen this one, nor in the FSX version either.

What version of windows are you running, and do you have UAC enabled if Vista or 7? How long after starting makerwys is it before you see the error?

Simon

I have the same, and it works just fine for me. However the same is not identical, so there must be a difference somewhere. For now I think you can work around it. Even if makerwys fails when run directly from the wizard, you can run it externally then go back and compile the airport database either as part of the wizard or through the Scenery tab in STB-DS. So for now I would say work around it.

Simon

Cannot connect to networked pc I keep getting the Super Traffic board message "Unable to connect to Prepar3d. Please make sure a flight has completed loading before trying again to connect" I believe my IP address and port numbers are correct. I have unticked the compile so the STB DN seems to be running without problems. But may be I have a problem with the ConfigSDK.exe. When I run it it gives a dos window and asks me if I want to update the SDK tool conf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Yes/No): I have typed in Yes and then hit return and the dos window disappears without any confirmation, is this correct?

I can always run my networked GMap using simconnect and FSCommander using WideFS so not sure why I cannot connect the STB? Any ideas?

Also I am running withe both firewalls turned off.

What's the configSDK.exe? I'm not familiar with that.

STB needs more than the Simconnect link, it needs also the link to STB-DS. Please send me....

1) From your STB PC, TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.config, found in the STB install folder;

2) From your Prepar3D PC, STBDataServer.exe.config, found in the STB-DS install folder;

Simon

I have tried to send you the 2 files that you requested but the Forum software is not allowing me to do so. It is saying that I am not permitted to upload this kind of file!

configSDK.exe is the SDK configurator which the installation instructions says should be run!

John

Hi John,

Is that what the Prepar3D install guide is asking you to do? If so, you do not need to do it, as far as I know, for STB to work. It's enough just to have the SDK installed, as that adds the required assembly for STB to work.

If you wish, you could zip the files and attach them here. Alternative please use the "contact us" via www.supertrafficboard.com

Simon

I would like to confirm that my problem has now been fully resolved thanks to the superb support from Simon. I think the STB permenantly displayed on my second PCM will add a new dimension to this amazing hobby. So much new informative and interesting information.

John

In case anyone else runs into these errors, it's related to the way Prepar3D is storing its details in the registry. There's a fix for STB-DS to overcome this issue, simply download V3.2.0.49 from:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/stbds3.zip

If you already have STB-DS installed, the installer will perform an update instead. No need to uninstall first.

It could also happen in the client. I've not release a fix for that yet as I'd prefer to gather other problems together into a single update. However if you run into this issue on the client please let me know and I'll help you out.

Simon

I am having exactly the same problem as John experienced. I cannot connect over Simconnect to the networked PC.

STB works correctly with P3D on the same computer.

I have followed all the instructions word for word but still nothing works.

The instructions in the User Guide are not very clear concerning the P3D SDK.

Do I have to run anything first from the SDK?

Which Port Number goes where and in what file and where are they located?

I would be obliged if someone could explain step by step what must be done.

I have XPax working over Simconnect without any problem.

Regards Terry

I'll be glad to help but let's put the problem into it's proper context. Is XPax running on the same computer as STB, and do you happen to know what its simconnect configuration is?

The usual procedure is to use the configuration wizards on both STB and STB-DS (the latter running on the P3D computer) and let it worry about the port numbers.  I'm sorry to sound a little vague but I don't recall if there was anything more to do beyond installing the P3D SDK.  However if XPax is already working then one imagines the SDK work is already done.  I'll need to reinstall everything to verify the status of the SDK and the exact procedure in that regard.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Please note it is a Prepar3D version I have.

I have uninstalled and re-installed everything on the client PC but still no joy.

For your information, XPax is running on the same computer as STB.

I am sure the problem is caused by a port number or that one of the files is located in the wrong folder.

Could you please tell me in which folder on which Pc the relevant files must go.

Also must the server be on both computers? At the moment they are.

The Xpax configuration (simconnect.cfg)is below:

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.0.6 (the PC with P3D)

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

This file is located in the XPax folder and not the MyDocuments folder.

Regards Terry

Hi Terry,

Thank you for the Xpax information.  As that is working we can assume you have the simconnect software client installed also, and it's likely that all you needed to do for that was installed the P3D SDK.  That assumes they are using genuine P3D simconnect rather than FSX's client, but at this stage we'll try not to overcomplicate the issue.

So lets investigate STB.  For the simconnect configuration, you'll require simconnect.cfg either in "My Documents" or in the STB installation folder.  Its content should match more or less what you have posted here in the Xpax version of the file.  As you can see, port 500 is your simconnect port.

Could you check that out and let me know how it looks?  Once we have STB connecting to P3D, we can move on to make sure that STB-DS is in good order.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I'm afraid nothing works. I have checked the firewalls on both computers and they are OK.

I have checked the port numbers and they are the same. I am not new to computers and I usually don't have this much trouble when installing a programme.

I am now getting very confused as to where each file goes. I ask again if you could list the folder where each file must go.

XPax has the simconnect.cfg file in the folder containing the XPax.exe file. You say above that the simconnect.cfg must be either in "My Documents" or in the STB installation folder. Does this mean the "FlyingWSimulation" folder, or in the "SupertrafficBoard V3.2 P3D" folder, or in the "SupertrafficBoard Data Server V3.2 P3D" folder.

At the moment it is in the "SupertrafficBoard V3.2 P3D" folder with the TrafficFrontEnd.exe.

Thanks for your help and sorry if I sound frustrated.

Regards Terry

Hi Terry,

STB-DS is something different, let's leave that to one side for now.  There is only one STB folder that is the installation folder, the one you either accept as default or change during the installation folder.  And it is correct to say it is the one that has TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.

I understand the way SimConnect is designed is it will first look in the installation folder for the .cfg file, and then in My Documents.  The latter might be considered as a global location that all clients can share.  Most people place it in My Documents as that location is untroubled by Windows Access Controls.

Perhaps I could see the file that you already have in "SupertrafficBoard V3.2 P3D"?  If that all checks out, we need to bring STB-DS into the picture.

Simon