The simFlight Network Forums

Does FSUIPC Replace MS Keyboard Commands?

After 8-9 years I have decided to get back into simming. I like to fly the Beech1900 twin turbo, but I am having a terrible time assigning keyboard commands to the controllers. I am using Professional Flight Controls yoke, throttle quad and rudders.

My question is this:

Does FSUIPC replace the need to use the Microsoft keyboard commands?

I am hoping someone can help me with my problem and I thank you in advance for your time.

Any FS keyboard command can be assigned to a button on a control device anyway - whether internally within FS or using FSUIPC, although Pete's tool does give you a lot more options and control as well.

If you check Pete Dowson's forum, further down the list here, or download and install the free version of FSUIPC, that will provide you with a full set of documentation so you can see exactly what FSUIPC adds. Before paying without needing to, however, what problems are you having assigning controls to the PFC buttons?

Cheers and welcome to the forum!

Ian P.

Ian,

Thanks for responing to my question. I have successfully assigned keys to my rudders and yoke, but I am having great difficulty programing my throttle quadrant for a twin turbo prop. I can get one throttle lever to function properly and the other flutters and goes in the opposite direction. I have checked the reverse box, but this does not correct thr problem. I continually try to clibrate them, but so far no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

I was hoping that someone with more experience of PFC hardware would spot this and chime in but, in their absence, I'll move it to Pete Dowson's support forum where it will hopefully be more visible to those who may be able to help you more.

Cheers,

Ian P.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in replying. As announced, I have been away on holidays.

Thanks for responing to my question. I have successfully assigned keys to my rudders and yoke, but I am having great difficulty programing my throttle quadrant for a twin turbo prop. I can get one throttle lever to function properly and the other flutters and goes in the opposite direction. I have checked the reverse box, but this does not correct thr problem. I continually try to clibrate them, but so far no luck.

Are you using digital PFC controls connected via a serial port, or some USB version? Which PFC driver are you using, and wihch version (number please) or FSUIPC?

Where are you assigning and calibrating?

Pete