The simFlight Network Forums

Final Update to MyTraffic 5.4b

Burkhard

Dear friends, sorry it took a bit longer than usual, but I came a cross some small items which took time and also am rather exhausted, so it took longer than expected.

Finally, the updates are there.

If you update from MyTraffic X 5.4a, please download http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU54ab.zip , unpack anywhere and run the installer.

If you update from MyTraffic X 5.4, please download http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU54b.zip unpack anywhere and run the installer.

If you already installed 5.4b, either full installer or peliminary update, you can use the communicator tp load the Patches or download www.fsrail.com/Patches54b.exe to the MyTrafficAircraftInstaller folder, and run it from there.

Users of MyTraffic 3D 5.4b can also use the above patches.

Since it has been asked before, here a non exclusive list of what is new in version 5.4b compared to 5.4a.

Aircraft models: All new models: Vickers VC10, Fairchild Metroliner. Overhaul of the Airbus A330/340 family

New schedules dated October 2012, and more than hundred new paints needed for them.

Several all new mayor airports, from Kobe to Florida Northwest.

Dear Burkhard

First off all, thanks for the update.

But unfortunatally I have to criticise your work a little bit. Have you seen my post in the following thread:

Starting beta for MyTraffic Professional 5.4b #2??

After installing the update, I got several new (old!!!) "mistakes/errors" from the Flusifix Livery Check.

I add a textfile with all erros that occur in the mytraffic-airplane-folders.

Some seem to be of minor importance, but some are quite bad.

Maybe you can have a look at the file, and do another update that fixes the errors.

I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Kind regards from Wanne-Eickel in Germany,

Christian

Edit: Report deleted due to new one

I worked through this long list. Some were good finds, some were intended, and some I could not reproduce. The first and also the valid files for those that I could not reproduce I put into a new set of patches, maybe you can download the patches, install them and then verify the output.

Ok Burkhard I will habe a look at it. But first off all I have to do a backup of the aircraft and scenery folders as I already did some - in my opinion - improvements to this two folders ( less reverser-thrust and switching airports to off for the airports I got an addon for). But for sure I will have a look at it this weekend. Is it enough to download the update via the communicator?

Kind regards Christian

Edited by christian1974

Dear Burkhard

I downloaded the following update via the communicator : Patches5ba.exe.

(Hope this is the right one) and installed it.

After that I did the Flusifix-Livery-Check again.

Attached is the new Error-Report.

I added some colors and - to my opinion - the right solotion to the problems.

But there are some problems Burkhard has to deal with.

I have to say, that if you download the text, and do the solutions that are given there, you act on your own responsibility.

Don´t blame me or Burkhard if the given solutions don´t work and mybee chrash down your MyTraffic-Installation.

!!! The given solutions are only suggestions for Burkhard. !!!

Kind regards from Wanne-Eickel,

Christian

Sorry, but it looks like the patches nor any updates have been supplied, maybe you have not full control over the MyTraffic folder?

Or do you refer to version 5.3b as you indicate in the text, and not 5.4b?

The Mirage folder as example contains the correct mdl independent if I install 5.4b or 5.4a and update.

All the texture.blank folders just are blank textures for you to paint.

Dear Burkhard

For sure I got full control over the MyTraffic folder as I'm running WinXP as the only user and with administrator rights.

And yes I refer to version 5.4b professional.

First I installed 5.4 then the incremental updates to 5.4a and then to 5.4b. Today the communicator loaded the patch mentioned in my last post.

If I find the time this weekend I will do a complete clean reinstall. Unfortunatally I then have to do all my changes again :'( but that was only about 2 days of work.

Kind regards Christian

Dear Burkhard

I got a new error report file for you - a error report after a clean install.

First of all I uninstalled all of MyTraffic that was on my harddisk acoording to the manual.

After a computer-restart I even did a registryclean to make sure no old fragments are there.

After another computer-restart i started reinstalling my traffic.

All with admininstartor rights an with no virus scanner active (System is WinXP 32bit SP3)

I first installed the file MTXV54a.exe that I downloaded from simmarket.

After finishing the installation and creating the necessary cfg-entries, I installed the file MTXU54ab.exe which I downloaded from your fsrail page. Finally I updatetd with the file Patches54b.exe that I also downloaded from your fsrail page.

Installation went fine. But then I did the Flusifix-Livery-Check again.

What should I say: massive errors after a clean installation and no, I haven´t change any file at all.

By the way you are right about the mirage3 model. It was fine after installing 5.4a! After installing update to 5.4b and the patch to 5.4b, it was not fine anymore! I don´t know when the change happened.

I now will - again - correct the files/errors by myself!

Maybe I´m the only one having these problems, but some errors are due to misspelling some words, or just mixing up some caracters. Buts this has a great influence.

Maybe in the update/patches there have not been the last files you got on your computer. I don´t know.

Attached is the new/clean error report.

Kind regards Christian

Dear Burkhard

I downloaded the new Patches54b.exe this morning (size was 2126KB) and let it run over my clean installation

(I backed-up my celan installation from yesterday before editing the files). After that I run the Livery-Check again.

First of all: Was the MD11DMX -folder supposed to be in the update?

It causes many errors as there is only a cfg-file inside.

But there are still other errors...

I did this time an rtf-Dokument again, because I marked bad errors in red and try to give a solution in green.

Maybe it helps.

Remark to other users.

Please let Burkhard do the update.

Do not change files by yourself.

Me and Burkhard do not take responsibility for problems you might get when you do the changes by yourself.

Kind regards and a happy new year

Christian

Ah, indeed that should be MD11FMX, not a D. Will see if anything else is not intended, like all the texture.blank entries which are paint kits for the users convenience, textures which have changed and the aircraft has never been set up fot the time machine, etc.

Hi Burkhard

If the MD11FMX cfg-file was for the MD11FMX-Folder we surely gett much less errors.

Concerning the intended errors maybe you could include a short textfile in the updates which contains the liveries that are not used (anymore).

So it would be easy to work out if there is a real error or if it is an "intended error".

And maybe you will get Flusifix sometimes for yourself. As you see it is quite helpful in finding errors ;-)

http://www.flusifix.de

Please tell when the new Patch - if there wil be one - is ready. I´ll do another test then.

Kind regards

Christian

Please try the attached version. Upload to FSP server is not possible currently. Unzip to the MyTrafficAircraftInstallers and run from there.

I have spent so many hundred hours to help people who's setup has been damaged by Flusifix that I would call it an extremely dangerous malware. Has cost me more than all viri together.

Patches54b.zip

Hi Burkhard

Looks much better now but there are still some errors concerning textures.

But maybe as you already told they were intented.

Attached is the new report. I left out all the texture.blank errors this time.

Concerning flusifix I have to say that it never damages anything at my installation.

But maybe it is like with all software: You simple have to know what you are doing when using this programm.

Kind regards Christian

Edit: Report deleted due to no more errors with the lastest Patches54b (2.66MB)

The SAS/ Air Italy 762 mixup was a good find.

Next version, and now the rest is really intended, like all ABC DC8 to have DHL colours, the Beech of US Airways Express to have all new colours, etc. Let us keep the old paints nevertheless, since I still hope one day the community will find interest in these forgotten aircraft models, like DC8, DC9, DC10 etc again and start actively to create the hundreds of vintage paints needed for these series. So no reason to change anything now. A few folders will no longer exist in the next version because they are duplicates.

Thanks for the finds.

Patches54b.zip

Hi Burkhard

I now installed the last patch (2.66MB) and - to me - now all seems to be ok means the big worst errors are killed ;-).

Sure there have been some errors left, but as you say and explained these seem to be intended.

So I will no longer regard them as errors (Hope I remember them at the next update :D ).

It was a pleasure to help you.

Kind regards and - hope for the last time now - a happy new year.

Christian

• 1 month later...

Dear friends, sorry it took a bit longer than usual, but I came a cross some small items which took time and also am rather exhausted, so it took longer than expected.

Finally, the updates are there.

If you update from MyTraffic X 5.4a, please download http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU54ab.zip , unpack anywhere and run the installer.

If you update from MyTraffic X 5.4, please download http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU54b.zip unpack anywhere and run the installer.

If you already installed 5.4b, either full installer or peliminary update, you can use the communicator tp load the Patches or download www.fsrail.com/Patches54b.exe to the MyTrafficAircraftInstaller folder, and run it from there.

Users of MyTraffic 3D 5.4b can also use the above patches.

The second link is wrong and goes to the same file as the first one - the "ab update".

• 2 weeks later...