The simFlight Network Forums

Axis Settings just curious ..

I have been working on setting reversers with feelthere embraer jets...

My first mistake was attempting to set them without the engines running ( duh!!! ) ...

I decided that the axis inputs only needed to use a small range of inputs... so I made this mod..

Reverser=*.125,-2048

If I am correct this should make the range from 16380 -16380 to 2048 -2048 and then subtract -2048 to give

a total range of 0 -4096

This seemed to work well for me... so I loaded a different plane and selected the same profile for it

Every thing works fine...

Just for fun I reloaded the fsuipc.ini file and now my settings are:

Reverser=-130,16383

Just curious as why my original mods changed ( happy everything is working though :-) )

** I am sure it is my fault **

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in replying. As announced, I have been away on holidays.

I decided that the axis inputs only needed to use a small range of inputs... so I made this mod..

Reverser=*.125,-2048

If I am correct this should make the range from 16380 -16380 to 2048 -2048 and then subtract -2048 to give

a total range of 0 -4096

Well, part of your reasoning is correct except that there is no "Reverser=" parameter for you to add this to in the [Axes] sections, which is where the scaling is performed. The reverser parameter is in the Calibration section, not the assignments, and your values are most certainly incorrect for calibration.

Why not simply calibrate it? That would do it all for you. That's the purpose of calibration, to match the input range to the output range needed.

This seemed to work well for me... so I loaded a different plane and selected the same profile for it

Every thing works fine...

Just for fun I reloaded the fsuipc.ini file and now my settings are:

Reverser=-130,16383

Just curious as why my original mods changed ( happy everything is working though :smile: )

** I am sure it is my fault **

The calibration of the axis is doing the job for you. Your arithmetic adjustments are non-existent and not needed.

Regards

Pete