The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with setting [AUTO] feature

Happy New Year everyone

Specs are

FSX Acceleration

Win 7 pro

FSUIPC 4.859K

I have read the section Automatic running of Macros and Lua plugins on page 40 of the adv docs many times and still cannot get my plane to accept the Frictions.lua.

I do not want to use the global PatchSIM1friction=Yes since it applies to all planes.

I place the frictions.lua into the modules folder and start FSX. FSUIPC adds a new section

[LuaFiles]

1=Frictions

I also have different JoystickCalibrations for many of my planes so FSUIPC adds a Profile section (for example my B737-800 SWA)

[Profile.Boeing 737-800 SWA]

1=Boeing 737-800 SWA

The advance FSUIPC document says to add in the ini something that looks like

[Auto.Boeing 737-800 SWA]

1=Frictions

What ever I am doing wrong is probably staring me right in the face and I can't see it. Could someone please show what my ini should say. I only want the friction lua to work for my B737 and no other plane. I do not use short names.

EDIT**************************************

I did a search on AUTO so correct me if I am wrong. It appears I am missing lua before frictions. Should my Auto be written like this

[Auto.Boeing 737-800 SWA]

1=lua Frictions

jim

glad you asked this question Jim, being trying something similar for the F1 Pilatus.

I tried the profile of the sim name in the aircraft file ie

[fltsim.0]

sim = F1_Pilatus_PC-12

in the same manner as you did but got no further, lets hope Pete can point us in the right direction.

Bob

Bob

The sim name in the Aircraft.cfg you show is the .air file.

The FSUIPC Profile name is the title= name. That is what you need to use in your [Auto.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

[fltsim.7]

title=Boeing 737-800 SWA <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--------------FSUIPC Profile name

sim=Boeing737-800 <----------------- this is used for the .air file

model=

In my edit above once I placed lua in front of frictions my B737-800 is working.

Bob

The sim name in the Aircraft.cfg you show is the .air file.

The FSUIPC Profile name is the title= name. That is what you need to use in your [Auto.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

[fltsim.7]

title=Boeing 737-800 SWA <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--------------FSUIPC Profile name

sim=Boeing737-800 <----------------- this is used for the .air file

model=

In my edit above once I placed lua in front of frictions my B737-800 is working.

thanks Jim, i will give that a go

bob