The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest francesco.doenz

Nothing appears-nothing moves...

Guest francesco.doenz

As a newbie I am among the few who downloaded MyTraffic professionnal 5.4 for Prepar3D v. 1.4 and nothing appears and nothing moves, in my case at Geneva airport LSGG in Switzerland.

I am running windows seven on a PC dedicated to Prepar3D 1.4, addons France VFR, Switzerland Pro, REX and OPUS, Spitfire accusim A2A.

Nothing else!

The installation was uneventfull, I did not expect any problem until I fired up Prepar3D and nothing new appeared at Geneva airport!

I guess there are additionnal steps to undertake after the install, but where is the manual explaining it?

Thank you for your help!

I can't comment on the MT3D installation manual as I don't have it to hand, but at a guess, you haven't added MyTraffic to your scenery library?

That's the most common culprit, if there are no FS8/9 format AI files around, which I doubt you have from your list of add-ons. The MTX manual explains exactly where in the scenery library it should go and I see no reason why it would not be in the MT3D manual as the procedure is exactly the same. I think, from memory, that it should go immediately above "Propellor Objects" for proper layering, so it does not interfere with add-on airports which alter the parking positions to more accurate ones.

Cheers,

Ian P.

What precisely is the problem?

Don't you see any AI traffic, or is the AI traffic initially dead, and does not move during the first couple of minutes?

Guest francesco.doenz

Thanks for all your help! Yes just checked it, Mytraffic is not in the scenery library inspite of having followed the instructions in the manual yesterday late! I selected the mytraffic folder and added it, but it did not appear in the library!? What could go wrong?

It's a brand new computer with nothing else on it!

And yes Burkhard, I do not see any planes or traffic at LSGG.

I will be working on it this evening again, is there a way of putting the Mytraffic folder manually into the scenery library?

And as just posted in this forum, would it be possible to use Teamviewer to solve problems quickly?

Sincerely yours

Francesco Doenz

Guest francesco.doenz

Thanks Burkhard,

I am looking forward to try it this evening! Does the name you give to the scenery matter?

Guest francesco.doenz

And as I understand, you have to add to the scenery library the Mytraffic folder with everything it contains?!

Guest francesco.doenz

Sorry Burkhard, I found your answers to these questions in another thread! Don't waste your precious time!

Since others read this too: The Name does not matter at all. Of course MyTraffic is reasonable choice. And you can add any Folder as scenery that contains a subfolder \scenery, as does the MyTraffic Folder. What is outside of \scenery or \texture the scenery System ignores - this makes it possible to have everything MyTraffic related together.

Guest francesco.doenz

Thank you Burkhard for your support, it works now! Yes, I had to give the scenery a name, as you say, but in my case I had to give the scenery a name before I selected the Mytraffic folder, the other way around, selecting the Mytraffic folder and then giving it a name, did not work and the Mytraffic folder was not added to the scenery library!

Guest francesco.doenz

Dear Burkhard,

Everything works now great, with your Mytraffic, Trafficlive, and Supertrafficboard together!

But as a stickler I would like to know if the files in my scenery-world-scenery folder are correct:

Traffic_eg58.bgl

trafficAircraft.bgl

trafficBoats.bgl

trafficCarriers.bgl

I am asking you this question because you mention in a thread of the forum that there should only be two traffic containing files in this folder?

Thank you for your help!