The simFlight Network Forums

STB stopped working

manna389

Hello,

STB used to work fine on my PC few days ago. I downloaded Openclouds and it didn't work so I downloaded a simconnect installer online which was supposed to fix the issue with Openclouds,however, it didn't. It made STB stop working. I tried fixing the issue by doing a system restore, however it didnt help. I also deleted the Simconnect from the control pannel, and tried installing it again from the FSX SDK but it also didnt work. I deleted STB and reinstall it again, but it didnt work again. whenever I try connecting to FSX, STB would ask to wait for game loading to be completed although it is. I've noticed something during installation, it mentions that simconnect.cfg was found and that its going to assign my IP address.

I use FSX Sp1, and STB 3 on the same computer.

Another question: STB version 3.2 would it work with FSX SP1 , or it should be SP2 ?

Do you have the details of the simconnect installer? Perhaps it did a little more than we expected. Also can you send my the SimConnect.cfg, it's likely this is the cause of the problem. You'll find it in MyDocuments.

We should work with FSX SP1, but it's not a code path that gets a lot of testing. If there's any problems, we'll do our best to resolve them.

Simon

Hello Simon,

I dont know how or where to find the simconnect installer details, if you can help me on that please. I didn't find the simconnect.cfg in My documents "I'm using windows Vista", however I found it in C/programfiles/flying w simulation/ samples. It states the following:

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.1.2

Port=2024

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0