The simFlight Network Forums

no aircraft

abh_jc_03

I installed 5.4b last night and it went through the process when I made the .cfg file and did the save close. I opened up FSX and started a flight at Langley AFB. There were no planes in sight and this was mid day. I know for a fact there are aircraft on the tarmac. I was in the FSX settings and turned Traffic airline to 50% and general to 30%. I don't know if there is something else I am suppose to do but there are no aircraft loading.

I installed 5.4b last night and it went through the process when I made the .cfg file and did the save close. I opened up FSX and started a flight at Langley AFB. There were no planes in sight and this was mid day. I know for a fact there are aircraft on the tarmac. I was in the FSX settings and turned Traffic airline to 50% and general to 30%. I don't know if there is something else I am suppose to do but there are no aircraft loading.

There are some additional steps that are required to complete the install and they are not mentioned in your post. One such step is to add the MyTraffic folder to FSX scenery.

Please check the tips in the following post and see if that helps you.

Cheers,

Mike

I have not done the add to scenery. I was stationed at Norfolk Naval Base so I have visited Langley quite often. I see no traffic at other airports either. Should I mess with the traffic settings in FSX or MTX? I will add the scenery and if I still have the problem I will reply back.

Adding the scenery is a critical step in the process so that will be a great place to start in fixing this for you.

After adding the scenery you can try changing the FSX traffic sliders but the correct settings will be based on how busy your airport is, your system setup and personal taste. For example KLAX or KJFK are very busy and a 50% slider value may make it difficult to answer ATC instructions. Have a look at this post, it may help.

http://forum.simflig...istic-ai-world/

Cheers,

Mike

So I went through the steps and when I went into the fsx.cfg I saw no entry for the simobjects.6=mytraffic\aircraft. I put it in and saved. There is no mytraffic checked in the scenery in fsx. I don't understand how to add it. I have my UAC off and I run FSX as administrator. I noticed in one of the solutions it said to run as administrator but I don't know what else to do.

You do not need to run FSX as an administrator to add a scenery. Addition of scenery (or removal) is a standard FSX operation, tha can be done by any user since it only requires write access to the all users profile.

S what happens exactly when you try to add MyTraffic as a scenery as descibed in the installation manual? Where does it fail?

When I go into FSX scenery it shows all the different add on scenery checked, but there is no Mytraffic at all. I went to add and clicked on the mytraffic folder. I could go into AC and select each one to add but I didn't think that was suppose to happen. Isn't it suppose to add everything all at once upon start up? I was in a flight and an error box popped up in the corner screen saying to lower the ai traffic amount. simconnect has more than 1,000 instances found.

When I go into FSX scenery it shows all the different add on scenery checked, but there is no Mytraffic at all. I went to add and clicked on the mytraffic folder. I could go into AC and select each one to add but I didn't think that was suppose to happen. Isn't it suppose to add everything all at once upon start up?

You are correct, all aircraft/scenery/flight plans should be added with one step. The problem is that Win7 behaves different than XP for adding scenery items. Have a look at the following (the first post from Burkhard) and see if that helps you.

As for the simconnect errors, I have no ideas there.

For the traffic sliders, wait until you are able to add MyTraffic to the scenery library and get it positioned correctly (I think it should be moved down to be between Addon Scenery and Propeller Objects), and then refer back to the earlier post about where the traffic sliders can be set for "real world" volumes.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks Mike, yes addition of any scenery requires this little trick that is in that post and also explained in the installation manual.

As long as you do not have it added, no flight plan from MyTraffic will be active, so whatever message you get isn't MyTraffic related. And 1000ds of people have MyTraffic running along with FSUIPC...

I tried the trick. no go. i went to add area and clicked my traffic. it has all the folders Aircraft, ATC MODIFICATIONS, Manual...etc. Tried to click on a blank spot. Then in the directory box showed C:\FSX\MyTraffic. I hit ok and nothing happened. I clicked on the scenery folder withing the mytraffic folder and it was blank. I tried clicking on a the blank area and hit ok, It never did anything. What else?

I think Burkhard means that another package you have installed is reporting this error and that it is not an FSX error message. Therefore the 1000 aircraft limit is being imposed by something other than FSX itself or MTX.

Ian P.

• 3 months later...

I finally figured out how to add it. Now if I could get this ERROR: Please lower the amount of AI traffic configured. (More than 1000 simultaneous SimConnect requests!)

There are areas where there are more than 1000 AI aircraft around you at 100% density. That is not a problem with FSX, but maybe another product is limited?

Hi, I just completed a clean install a couple of weeks ago and decided to add My Traffic X 5.4b, which I just purchased from SimMarket.

It works fine ... i.e. I do have traffic showing up as well as on TCAS of heavy payware jetliners.

However, I keep getting the annoying message ion green ribbon: ERROR: Please lower the amount of AI traffic configured. (More than 1000 simultaneous SimConnect requests!).

FSX traffic density is set at only 20% .... Has anyone found what it is that causes that Error callout?

Cheers

Nic

Edited by Nicola

Which addon do you have that tryies to interfere with each single AI plane? MyTraffic itself with FSX makes no SimConnect request at all, so it must be an external program that is limited.

Does reducing the AI sliders, especiallay fpr GA traffic, furthe down to 5 % remove this?

I have planes now but I had to jack up the traffic in fsx to around 40 to get the terminals 75% filled. The air bases like Langley only have a few planes but I will just deal. Right now I am trying to figure out the AI lighting effects. At night some planes are the default fsx with a small strobe and then the red beacon and then other planes are just two strobes that have very large bloom affects. I will try and take a picture later to illustrate what I am referring too.