The simFlight Network Forums
Rackie

Interested in Puchasing...have a few basic questions

Hello All,

I have never had an AI addon for FSX. I am interested in My Traffic X Pro v5.4A. Here are some questions I'd like to learn about if anyone can help with them:

1) From the screenshots at simmarket, MTX show a Traffic Board which appears to be a stripped down SuperTrafficBoard. I want to puchase and use SuperTraffic Board. Will it conflict with the traffic board in MTX?

2) From the screenshots I noticed that most of the military AI aircraft are colored gray and only a few are camoflauge. Why aren't there more camo paints?

3) Do the AI aircraft come with paintkits?

4) If I use the AI Flight Planner tool to make some AI Fllght Plans, will they work together with MTX? No conflicts?

5) From within MTX, is it very hard for a novice to make their own AI Flight Plans? Example, plan an AI takeoff from KOSC to land at KAPN airports.

6) Last thing, I've read good and bad reports of reducing FPS impact. Some claim they had to uninstall MTX because of that....while others say they had very little reduction if FPS impact. I'm running a laptop with :

2nd generation Intel® QUAD Core™ i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz, 6M Cache

USb 3.0 External Drive

16Gb Ram

Do you think this is enough horsepower to prevent drastic FPS drop with MTX??

Thanks for your time and help.

1) Super Traffic Board has developped from the early Version, that was included some time ago, to a large standalone Version, and is fully compatible to MyTraffic. Simon gets every MyTraffic Version very early... 2) There ae some camo paint, but to my understanding most Military aircraft are painted in gray and only changed to Camouflage when deployed to a specific Mission. 3) There is a collection of blank textures on this Forum 4) If the Tools use FSX code ( TrafficDatabasebuilder for FSX) no conflict, if they use FS8 or FS9 code (based on ttools) it will make many Problems. 5) There are several ways to do so, from creating plans to interactive - some reading and understanding may be needed. 6) MyTraffic is programmed to fill all Airports to their capacity Limit at 100%. This challenges every Hardware just for tracking more than 1000 AI planes in some regions. But a careful Setting of the density sliders allows to use MyTraffic at even very old and slow Hardware. Depending on your GPU you will be able to run between 30 and 50%. Sorry for the fomat on this device I cannot enter a return.

I have one addition question....  how can  My Traffic planes display flight # or flight plan (like Ultimate Traffic).   I am missing some steps obviously and am not able to tweak it (FSX default does not have options for that in traffic menu)

Thanks 

Cathay777

I recommend that you install the FSX SDK, that contains all such options. It's a bit tricky since you Need to install the correct SDK for your FSX Version, but rewarding once you did it.

I recommend that you install the FSX SDK, that contains all such options. It's a bit tricky since you Need to install the correct SDK for your FSX Version, but rewarding once you did it.

Thanks for pointing into the direction,  except I am fairly novice with system programs.  I believe its very useful to know the traffic around us where it is coming or going to.   I googled what is FSX  SDK and watched a bit of youtube  video  however that just over me... too compicated.   I hate to have issues with FSX installed with tons of sceneries + planes.   If you have name of the file to update or if you can advise with few short steps it would be great benefit to everyone with the My Traffic 2013 programm.   Thanks

PS:  I have FSX + Acceleration + SP1

If you have acceleration, you need to install the FSX SDK, then SDK SP1a and then the SDK from acceleration. You find all those files on the FSX DVDs resp. the DVD with Acceleration.

I have one addition question....  how can  My Traffic planes display flight # or flight plan (like Ultimate Traffic).   I am missing some steps obviously and am not able to tweak it (FSX default does not have options for that in traffic menu)

Thanks 

Cathay777

Your question has already been answered in your other post...

If you have acceleration, you need to install the FSX SDK, then SDK SP1a and then the SDK from acceleration. You find all those files on the FSX DVDs resp. the DVD with Acceleration.

Ok,  I'll look into the DVD for the files,  Thanks