The simFlight Network Forums

Adam's Paint Thread

Hello everyone!

That Zip file I lost in unrecoverable, this is the first of my paints that I have compleated for the next version, I hope Burkhard will accept it since the is already one of the varients included in MT

Kulula Boeing 737-800 New Colours

The first brand new 737 for this airline Arrived in 13/07/2012 as ZS-ZWA

post-20833-0-20184300-1359048361_thumb.j

post-20833-0-98638800-1359048364_thumb.j

post-20833-0-09329100-1359048367_thumb.j

post-20833-0-76576400-1359048369_thumb.j

post-20833-0-55161200-1359048371_thumb.j

The paintkit looks a little messy because i had to fill it with green because there were incorrectly mapped white spots all over the fuselage

Kulula_B738_Generic.zip

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work, Adam

How did you manage to get the stewardess out of the plane on the Kulula paint?

I particularly liked the dirt and paint unevenness just above the wing pods - you see the effect clearly on the actual texture map - and no doubt in the sim as well when you get up close.

Just to expalin again there is no way in the software to support for more than one paint per type, that has to be done with biggest effort manually at every version, every beta version, etc...

We painters sometimes just have to create paints of a particular model where a different livery already exists. (Like the Kulula Zippy livery that I made for the 734). Perhaps they could be included in an extra "bonus" zip file in the next MYT version for those who are prepared to create an additional airline in MyTraffic to accommodate a particular paint.

Nice work, Adam

How did you manage to get the stewardess out of the plane on the Kulula paint?

I use ModelConverterX to preview all my paints on their models because it is so much quicker and hassle-free than actually starting up FS each time a minor detail has to be adjusted, there is a slider bar at the top which can turn all the animations on, which is where the stewardess comes from, sometimes model converter X does not display all the animations correctly as it would in FS which is why the stewardess is sticking outside the aircraft instead of being inside the aircraft as FS would show it

I use ModelConverterX to check out paints as well, Dave. Thoroughly recommended by me as well. Only fire up FSX when absolutely necessary!

Very nice Air Botswana repaint... I don't think I've ever seen that scheme before.

Ian P.

Burkhard, the next repaint i am busy with is a 737 classic with winglets, is it possible for the 737-300 and -500 to have winglet models too? and whilst i am at it, when will the 737-200 get an update to make it look like its other 737 counterparts?