The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC is not recognizing throttle.

My registered version has been working fine until this evening. I opened P3d for a flight and had no throttles whatsoever.

I opened FSUIPC and went to my joystick calibration, item 3, and there were all 0's. I clicked "set", moved throttle and nothing happened.

I went in the console of P3d and assigned the throttle to the axis, and had throttles.

I'm using the Saitek X52Pro.

Here's what I've done:

1. Shut down P3d, removed the FSUIPC .ini to let rebuild.

2. Checked the dll.xml and the FSUIPC was registered

3. Reinstalled the Saitek Drivers and Software - and the X52 is recognized and operates in the Control Panel

4. Just for the heck, I moved the prepar3d.config out and let it build a new one (there were no entries in the config relating to FSUIPC)

Restarted, and the same behavior is present...FSUIPC no longer recognizes the throttle....

I "can" go to axis and it reads it ok

I have searched for an answer and have found none.

No other software or changes have been made that would affect this..IMO..no Win updates or changes etc.

Your help would be highly appreciated..since using this registered version for a month or so, just can't do without it. Just Great.

Have a blessed one,

Tom

My registered version has been working fine until this evening. I opened P3d for a flight and had no throttles whatsoever.

I opened FSUIPC and went to my joystick calibration, item 3, and there were all 0's. I clicked "set", moved throttle and nothing happened.

They aren't assigned, then. The calibration tab merely intercepts the throttle controls, it doesn't handle the joystick devices a all. You have to have the throttles assigned first, either in P3D or, if you need to be able to switch them around for different aircraft, in FSUIPC.

I went in the console of P3d and assigned the throttle to the axis, and had throttles.

Okay, so then you should see them okay in FSUIPC calibration.

I don't know what you changed, but possibly the PC saw the USB connection as new and assigned a different ID. If you are assigning in FSUIPC and not using the Joy Letters for identifying devices, then this would make all the existing assifgnments incorrect. With lettering instead FSUIPC is able to track devices if they appear to move to different Windows IDs.

Your help would be highly appreciated..since using this registered version for a month or so, just can't do without it. Just Great.

Why are you assigning in FSUIPC? Maybe you should show me your FSUIPC4.INI file. You can paste it here, in a message.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

First, thank you for your quick response.

I really don't know what "I" have done. I'm still using the same usb port for the X52. FSUIPC reads my brake pedals fine. As stated, it was working fine on Wed. eve., fired up on Thurs., and the problem was there.

I assigned the throttle so I could achieve more precise movement (which I love) and to have a reverse function on the x52. It worked...so, in summary, "me" screwed something up.

Tom

Tried to attach my .ini file and it would not take it. Do I rename it ?

I really don't know what "I" have done. I'm still using the same usb port for the X52.

Yes, but its internal ID might have changed if any other USB device was added/removed, or something just "glitched". I'm afraid Windows is quite prone to such things. Best to use joystick lettering.

FSUIPC reads my brake pedals fine. As stated, it was working fine on Wed. eve., fired up on Thurs., and the problem was there.

So, something changed. Software doesn't change, so it was either a data corruption or a hardware glitch.

I assigned the throttle so I could achieve more precise movement (which I love) and to have a reverse function on the x52.

You can still do all that with assignments in the Sim. The calibration facilities are still the same for any method of assignment. Assigning in FSUIPC can be more efficient (if assigning "Direct to calibration", but not to the same FS control that FS uses). The main reason for assigning in FSUIPC is so that you can have the assignments changing automatically for different aircraft, something that FS doesn't do for you.

Without seeing how you assigned the throttles I can't really help. That's why I asked to see the INI file.

Tried to attach my .ini file and it would not take it. Do I rename it ?

No, don't attach it, just paste it here as I asked. It's a text file, you can simply put its contents into a message.

Pete

Hello again Pete,

I've also attached the FSUIPC Axis Panel and Joystick Cal Panel Photo.

Couple of FYI's - I changed the X52 to another USB Port and it was recognized and worked fine.

I think I understood you to say that If I use FSUIPC for Joystick/Throttle calibration, which shows it's Z, then in my FS Control Panel it has to be another different assignment. When I clicked on the

Throttle Axis in FS and moved my throttle, it automatically put in Z....is this wrong?

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=4853

History=GJ9XXOSIL0M3IU2ZT7ZK9

InitDelayDevicesToo=No

MouseWheelMove=No

MouseWheelTrim=No

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

JoystickTimeout=20

PollGFTQ6=Yes

BlankDisplays=No

FixControlAccel=No

FixMachSpeedBug=No

DeleteVehiclesForAES=Yes

AutoScanDevices=Yes

VisibilityOptions=No

OneCloudLayer=No

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=No

GenerateCirrus=No

SuppressCloudTurbulence=No

MaxIce=-4

MinIce=-4

UpperWindGusts=No

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

SuppressWindVariance=No

WindTurbulence=No

TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0

TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40

SuppressAllGusts=No

MaxSurfaceWind=0

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

SmoothBySimTime=No

WindSmoothing=No

WindSmoothness=2

WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes

PressureSmoothness=0

TemperatureSmoothness=0

DisconnTrimForAP=No

ZeroElevForAPAlt=No

ThrottleSyncAll=No

WhiteMessages=No

ShowPMcontrols=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

MagicBattery=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=No

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No

AileronSpikeRemoval=No

ReversedElevatorTrim=No

ClockSync=No

ClockSyncMins=5

ClearWeatherDynamics=No

OwnWeatherChanges=No

TimeForSelect=4

LoadFlightMenu=No

LoadPlanMenu=No

PauseAfterCrash=No

BrakeReleaseThreshold=75

SaveDataWithFlights=No

ZapSound=firework

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

UseProfiles=Yes

EnableMouseLook=No

AxesWrongRange=No

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

InitDelay=0

GetNearestAirports=No

OOMcheck=Yes

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

InitialStallTime=10

NormalStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

Console=Yes

FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®",1.4.4747.0

SimConnectUsed=1.4.0.0

ConsoleWindow=-8,-8,669,1059

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller

0.GUID={F3FC8DB0-37FB-11E2-8001-444553540000}

1=CH Pro Pedals USB

1.GUID={E8442DE0-1B54-11E0-8003-444553540000}

[buttons]

Buttonrepeat=20,10

[LuaFiles]

1=DynamicFriction

[AutoSave]

Next=1

Interval=60

Files=10

SaveOnGround=No

AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]

GPSoutEnabled=No

[GPSout2]

GPSoutEnabled=No

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]

Path=C:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=SAMSUNG-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

[JoystickCalibration]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=66731

RudderTrimControl=66732

CowlFlaps1Control=66162

CowlFlaps2Control=66163

CowlFlaps3Control=66164

CowlFlaps4Control=66165

SteeringTillerControl=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=0,0,512,16380

Throttle1=0,0,0,0/8

Thanks so much for you patience and help.

Tom

post-14047-0-41323600-1359126318.jpg

post-14047-0-59709500-1359126328.jpg

I've also attached the FSUIPC Axis Panel and Joystick Cal Panel Photo.

No point in the pictures.

Couple of FYI's - I changed the X52 to another USB Port and it was recognized and worked fine.

Was this before or after you made the INI file copy here, because that shows two connected devices, 0 and 1:

0=Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller

0.GUID={F3FC8DB0-37FB-11E2-8001-444553540000}

1=CH Pro Pedals USB

1.GUID={E8442DE0-1B54-11E0-8003-444553540000}

I suspect that somehow, previously, your joystick appeared to Windows to be reconnected, and it assigned a different number. If you want to avoid that giving you grief in future I recommend that you use joystick letters instead of the numbers. Just change

AutoAssignLetters=No

to

AutoAssignLetters=Yes

if you don't want to bother to read the User Guide section about this.

I think I understood you to say that If I use FSUIPC for Joystick/Throttle calibration, which shows it's Z, then in my FS Control Panel it has to be another different assignment.

No no no! You must NOT have assignments in both FS and in FSUIPC! Use one or the other or you will have conflicts! If you are really so confused I strongly recommend giving up assignments in FSUIPC and do it all in FS. As I already said, you can still use FSUIPC calibration!

You'll need to actually calibrate in any case, as currently, according to your INI file:

[JoystickCalibration]

Aileron=0,0,512,16380

Throttle1=0,0,0,0/8

You only have half an aileron and zero throttle control (the 0's say everything must be 0!

Follow the numbered steps in the Calibration section of the User Guide.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Just an update:

I spent quite some time reading the Axis and JS Calibration section of the manual.

I went back into FSUIPC and still had the same issue of throttle not being recognized.

I then deleted FSUIPC, also went into registry and cleaned out instances, rebooted.

Re-installed FSUIPC and was able to get axis and js calibration to work, and it's working fine...go figure.

THANK you for all of your help and patience.

Have a blessed one.

Tom

I then deleted FSUIPC, also went into registry and cleaned out instances, rebooted.

FSUIPC doesn't use the Registry these days, not for a long time.

Re-installed FSUIPC and was able to get axis and js calibration to work, and it's working fine...go figure.

I expect you also deleted your old INI file with the bad calibration, as I pointed to above.

Glad yu got it sorted.

Pete