The simFlight Network Forums

error while compiling airports database

greencow

Hi everybody,

I am back with a new problem.

I've changed my FS computer and I had to install again FS, UT2, STB and all my addons software (Mainly France VFR products).

So once I have load everything, I've started STBDS 3.2.0.43 to make runways and compile airports (I've installed STB before my addons sceneries).

And got a message :

post-8533-0-08747500-1354568865_thumb.pn

What can I do ?

Thank you for your help.

I enclosed the crash.txt

crash.txt

I can't reproduce this error, so I read through everything again. Now I'm a little confused. I think you are running "Make Runways" and "Compile Airport Database" from STB-DS on the FSX Computer? Well at least that's what you should be doing, as it will not work if you run it from STB (as it is on a separate computer to FSX).

However, the error report above is an STB error, not from STB-DS at all.

Can you give me the exact steps to get the error please?

Thanks

Simon

I can't reconcile the error you are reporting with the procedure you are using to create it. They are different things. Please set up a trace on STB-DS. Appendix C of the user guide can help, but remember you need to deal with the application data folder for STB-DS on the FSX computer, and the tracefile will be STBDataServer.txt

Simon

If I understand : I have to copy and paste in the STB PC SuperTraffixBoard\Samples\TrafficBoard.ini in STB PC c:\Users\JLB\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3.

Had openned the file :

[buttons]

UseVisualStyleBackColor=false

BackColor=128,128,128

[Trace]

True

[Trace Flush]

False

[Trace Schedule]

True

So What do i do now ?

I launch STB and then STBDS ?

Or only STBDS ?

Do I need to lauch FSX before ?

The trace file you have sent is from STB, but you are telling me the problem is on STB-DS. Perhaps I have misunderstood something? If the problem really is STBDS, you must set up the trace there.

1) Copy the TrafficBoard.ini to the STB-DS application data folder on your FSX computer. For me, the folder is

C:\Users\Simon Jones\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\STB Data Server\Flight Simulator X

2) Do not start FSX

3) Do not start STB

4) Start STB-DS and recreate the problem

5) Close STB-DS and send me the trace file

Simon