The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft not displaying

Dbutler1942

Ups - I have seen strange things, this is one of the strangest.

Please give us more information.

Is this a single event at one airport, or does it happen at more airports?

If at one, where?

Are all aircraft at this airport missing the fuseledge, or only this?

Is this a fourth party airport or stock scenery?

One explanation that I can give and have seen myself is that a scenery object refers to a non existing texture with the consequence that FSX does not display all textures it would display later.

Burkhard

Strange but I cannot currently replicate the problem.

I was browsing over at Flightsim.com FSX forum and came across the following. Under the subject " Can someone tell me what this is all about" someone else had a similar problem. The answer seems to be if you have Acceleration SP1 and SP2 installed then you can get problems.

I will continue to keep my eye on this

Dave Butler

Acceleration includes its own version of SP2, along with a lot more additions and changes which would be overwritten by a SP installation, so if you have installed either SP1 or SP2 after Acceleration then yes, you will have problems... I hope that's not what you meant?

Ian P.

Which sounds, I have to say, like complete and total cobblers to me!

For the record, I have had a slightly similar incident, with very problematic models and heard of/seen several more. There have been three documented causes that I'm aware of. One is not having SP2 installed with a model that includes SP2/Accel features.The second is out of memory errors (usually transient, until the system sorts itself out) and the third is missing texture files as suggested earlier.

Cheers,

Ian P.