The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Responsiveness

I'm a registered FSUIPC user using the latest version.

I think I may have messed something up. Seems like it takes 10 or 15 seconds if not more for the engine or engines to respond after the throttle is moved. This is happening to most of my FSX aircraft. Is this normal? I've tried a variety of slope settings and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I've tried calibrated and direct methods, still no change. I've only flown real world once in a 152. I could be mistaken, but I think there was little to no lag time upon throttle movement and engine response.

I'm a registered FSUIPC user using the latest version.

And what IS "the latest version", please? Always state the number. Is it 4.859t_Test3, or 3.999y5, or something older? You don't even say which Flight Simulator you are using.

I think I may have messed something up. Seems like it takes 10 or 15 seconds if not more for the engine or engines to respond after the throttle is moved. This is happening to most of my FSX aircraft. Is this normal?

No, but I don't know any easy way you could "mess things up" in order to achieve such a delay. Have you actually checked to see if the FS-depicted throttles move in concert with your hardware ones? They should do. If you've not checked, do so now.

The only ways you can get them to operate separately is by either assigning them to, say, a plug-in which processes them separately, or an offset processed by some third party program, or possibly by having them disconnected by the special FSUIPC axis disconnection facilities and then processed by such a third party program. None of this is achievable without you specifically programming it or running an add-on which is doing it .

If you have filtering enabled, disable that. It can cause a small delay (a fraction of a second, though, normally. Certainly never 10-15 seconds! I know nothing which will do that if not deliberately programmed!

Pete

Pete,

My apologies for not providing more detailed information yesterday.

I created a new profile and calibrated from scratch the specific aircraft that was having the throttle issue. It seemed to have cleared up the problem. I think this was just a classic case of OE (operator error) by not checking off the profile specific checkbox and recalibrating correctly ... plus my lack of having a better understaning yet of this truly great program. Must read User Guide more than once! :-)

Thanks!