The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

Runway elevations - KSAN (LatinVFR version)

Volker..........

I've been wondering why, after constructing a flight plan from KSFO/KSAN, that despite entering all the data corrrectly, I was landing 2/3rds osf the way down the runway. This also happened no matter where I started from.

Aircraft used is PMDG 737 NGX.

I checked the real life data and found tha the elevations for KSAN are as follows:

Runway 9 - 14 feet

Runway 27 - 16 feet

Problem seems to be that the FSC flight plans list Runway 27 elevation at 65 feet. That would seem to be the problem unless I've missed something. I didn't check Runway 9 since I don't use it.

Could that be the problem and could it be adjusted?

Jack Fentress

Hi Jack,

maybe I do not understand the problem described. (You no, my english)

The attached "Screenshot" shows KSAN at an elevation of 13 ft.

Do you have an add scenery including the Airport KSAN?

Regards,

Volker

post-6634-0-04544000-1360739901_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Volker.........

Yes, I knew your thumbnail pic data was correct but what I was referring to was the actual flight plan data.

I've attached a pic of the flight plan KSFOKSAN that I've been using. As you can see, the runway 27 altitude is listed at 65. There's no indication of 13 or 14 feet elevation that I can find.

Jack

post-5688-0-86817500-1360772354_thumb.jp

Hi Jack,

the display of 65 ft in the FMC are no data from the flight plan of the FSCommnader. We do not transfer Runway altitude in the flight plan.

These data are contained in the AIRAC Cycle and have nothing to do with the FSCommander. Perhaps there is an error in the AIRAC Cycle.

Please contact the manufacturer of the AIRAC Cycle with your information.

Kind regards,

Volker

Volker.....

Just an fyi -

Ricardo from LatinVFR responded about the KSAN elevation question. He says that Runway 27 is a LOC ILS runway with no glide slope data. Therefore, autoland is not a possibility on this runway and to change it would not be realistic. To land on this runway,basically, is a manually handled. Runway 9 is a full ILS runway with autoland posibilities. Basically. land on Runway 9, take off on Runway 27.

Works for me.

Jack

Hi Jack,

please read the PMDG manual : PMDG-NGX-FCOMv2.pdf Page 886.

You will find following information:

TBCVertical AngleFor example, the vertical angle for the glidepath of an ILS approach would typically be 3 degrees. This angle is displayed on the ACT RTE LEGS page above the speed/altitude line for the associated waypoint. Vertical angles may be expected in any approach ending at RWXXX or MAXXX. The E/D will be RWXXX or MAXXX, and the E/D altitude will be either threshold crossing height (TCH – typically 50 feet above the touchdown zone elevation) or the altitude specified at MAXXX.

In your case RWY elevation = 15 ft + typically 50 feet = 65 ft.

So it was my fault that I thought the data come from the Cycle. I left it to read the manual. Sorry.

Kind regards,

Volker