The simFlight Network Forums
machofner

FSC 921 And Radar Contact 4.3

I created a flightplan in FSC and used it in FSX and Radar Contact. It doesn't appear that RC follows the flight plan. I am using the FP saved in FSX flight plan folder for RC. Not the one saved in the RC folder from FSC. I didn't think there was a difference since the both end with pln. This is most seen as I approach my last way point in the flight plan. RC vectors me off the flight plan. No where near the runway I was assigned to land.

I have FSC running on a remote computer using widefs. RC is running on the FSX computer.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Bill

Operating System... Window 7 Ultimate 64

GEForce 660 ti

FSUIPC/FSUIPC4 Version Number 4.5.7.0

Simulator... FS X Deluxe with Acceleration

Browser Type and Version MS Internet Explorer

CPU(s) Speed Intel i7 CPU 2.67 GHz

DRAM size 6GB

Radar Contact does not follow either flight plan as you approach your destination. At about 40 miles from the destination, RC will pick a runway and will vector you to it for landing. The RC runway choice is based on AI landing, ILS, weather and possibly some other criteria. If you wish to fly a specific approach, you must select that approach from the RC menu when you contact approach. You will then have to fly the approach on your own. RC will not contact you again until you are on final

I understand that. But flying into 4L at KJFK, approach tells me to expect vectors to 4L. I request I A P approach. Before the last waypoint I'm asked to turn to heading 135 until I capture the localizer. But with that heading I'll never capture it. I continue on that course with no more instructions. Away from the airport. I'ved tried this with both The Beech Baron 58 and B200 King Air. With the same results.

I checked that the file size of the FSC/RC plan is larger than the FSC/FSX plan. I'm going to try again loading the FSC/RC plan into RC and loading the FSC/FSX plan into FSX. I don't know that this will make a difference.

Bill

Update on previous post.

FSC/RC plan loads but with no flight plan information. No departure or arrival information. I guess that's not an option.

So I still need help on this issue. Am I doing something wrong? I noticed that I failed to mention that I am also running It's Your Plane using RC ATC.

Does anyone know why theres a RC save option in FSC. What purpose does it play?

Thanks.

Bill

When approach tells you to expect vectors to 4L its too early to ask for an IAP. This has to be done after you have got the first vector. One of RC's special features.

If RC still vectors you around it means they haven't got your request. Otherwise, as FS1TR said, you won't hear anything from RC until final.

I don't know about the difference between the flightplans FSC/RC and FSC/FSX. You can look at the plans with Notepad.

RC uses the flightplan set in the RC Options panel (.FLT/.WX Path) which should be set to "NetworkDrive:\your name\documents\flight simulator x files".

BTW: update FSUIPC, its now at 486.

Are your sceneries updated with the latest makerwys 4614?

Andreas

Andreas,

As we have all heard many times READ THE MANUAL. Just this morning I did and realized what you said above. That was my problem. I requested IAP approach before the vector approach and it continued to follow my flight plan.

Thanks for your reply.

Bill