The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tahseen Sheik

Question about Airlines in India

Hi,

I've been looking at this product and it seems really impressive. Before I buy it, I'd like to know what Airlines are simulated for India. Would someone please be kind enough to list them? Thank you!

This question is not easy to answer, since the country is not property of the airline, but the airports, and the airlines have airports as properties.

What I can give you is a list of all airlines in MyTraffic 5.4b, including those which are defunct today and only for the time machine.

I hope I can add this, the forum does not allow to add all types.

Also not possible with this forum software, the old one was thousand times more powerfull..

So by hand I find, including all the time span covered by MyTraffic, Air India, Indian Airlines, Alliance Air, Sahara India Airline, Jet Airways, Blue Dart, Air Deccan, Air India Express, Spicejet, Kingfisher, Jetlite, MDLR, Paramount, GoAir, Indigo as airlines from India.

Hello,

I created this thread, couldn't sign in with Facebook due to an error.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for fetching a list of the airlines! That's exactly what I was looking for!

To answer your questions regarding the airlines you posted:

1) Paramount Airways - defunct, doesn't fly anymore.

2) Alliance Air - is now changed to Air India Regional

3) Sahara India - is now part of JetLite

4) MDLR - defunct, doesn't fly anymore

5) Kingfisher Airlines - still grounded , pending further investigations by the Indian Civil Aviation authorities

6) Air Deccan - was absorbed into Kingfisher as Kingfisher Red.

Again, thank you for taking the time to find the airlines. I guess I will be buying this product after all :)

Some of the airlines are not simulated in 2012 schedules, but MyTraffic also contains schedules from earlier times.