The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mjl1966

Natracks (again)

Before I start, please know that:

a. I have read the manual on how to download NATRACKs including checking to make sure they are going to the correct folder (//FSC/database)

b. I have confirmed the web page is current, accesible and shows NAT information.

c. I have manually download the page from inside the browser to the correct folder (again, //FSC/database)

d. I have tried both .htm and .mht extensions.

e. I have read every post in this forum on the topic that I can find.

Now that you know that I have worked hard to answer my own question, here is the problem. (I am using FSC 8.6)

1. I verify in the downloads page that the URL for NATtracks download is: https://www.notams.faa.gov/common/nat.html. (If you click on this link, you will see that it works.)

2. I use the download option in the program: Tracks/Download NATrack. No errors.

3. When I show the NATtracks, they are the 2009 version that shipped with the program, as is North Atlantic Tracks.htm and .mht in the //FSC/database folder. This seems to indicate the download is not actually happening.

4. The referenced URL opens in my browser at the same time.

Plan B:

1. I save the file directly from the browser as both North Atlantic Tracks.htm and North Atlantic Tracks.mht.

2. I confirm the files show the new date in the //FSC/database folder.

3. In FSC, when I try to open the tracks, I get an error message: error reading in Nattrack file!

4. When I click to show the routes again, I get the same error, but the correct date is shown, matching the dates of the new file.

5. After a few times, it reverts back to the 2009 version automatically.

Any ideas?

Hi ???,

the version 8.6 of the FSCommander was replaced 4 Years ago in 2010 by the version 9.x.

By changing the format of the NaTracks by the FAA, an update is no longer possible.

Volker