The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC AND JOYSTICK CALIBRATION

I'm having lots of problems with my Saitek X45 on a new PC I just purchased. I have the free FSUIPC version installed and I'm wondering if the purchased version would help me get the calibration issues behind me. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm having lots of problems with my Saitek X45 on a new PC I just purchased. I have the free FSUIPC version installed and I'm wondering if the purchased version would help me get the calibration issues behind me. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Maybe others can advise. I don't use any Saitek devices myself. There are many Saitek users using FSUIPC satisfactorily, however. If no other Saitek users see your message here, I suggest you browse (search) some of the Saitek-related threads here, and maybe post on the FSX (or FS9?) forums on AVSIM, or the Saitek forum wherever that is. Saitek devices should really be at least usable "out of the box", so the latter is probably the first place to go.

BTW you should probably have put "Saitek" into your thread title, to attract the right other users.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, I appreciate the quick response. The joystick worked pretty good on my old PC with FS9. The new PC has lots of memory, a video card and runs on Windows 8. I'm guessing that if do the upgrade to your FSUIPC it can't hurt? Anyway, I'll continue to check on the internet. Thanks again.

Thanks Pete, I appreciate the quick response. The joystick worked pretty good on my old PC with FS9. The new PC has lots of memory, a video card and runs on Windows 8.

I've read things about joysticks and Win8 which suggest that all is not well -- joysticks seem to disappear suddenly. This is only with Windows 8. Some folks have said that they fixed it by assigning in FSUIPC instead of directly in FS, but I really don't understand why they are disappearing in the first place, so I cannot guarantee that FSUIPC fixes anything. However, it does provide more options and facilities than FS itself.

Regards

Pete