The simFlight Network Forums

problems with Gibraltar and Faro

Arndt777

I have installed the Aerosoft sceneries for FSX, Gibraltar and Faro. Although installation went without any problems, both sceneries don't show up. Then I tried to solve the problem with disabling the respective BR2-bgl's in My Traffic for Prepar3D, but without success. Additionally I tried to solve the problem with different levels of autogen, again without success.

Does anyone know about other solutions or an incompability between Gibraltar and Faro on the one hand and MyTraffic on the other hand?

Any help is really appreciated!

Kind regards

Arndt

I cannot imagine this to be the case. Maybe the installer of that product has a bug that it does not add the scenery properly... Go to scenery library and check that the new scenery has been added there and is active.

Aerosoft installers use to install scenery by writing to scenery.cfg. I consider this to be no good idea, ACES clearly stated that this is not supported for FSX and all scenery must be added by the user using the dialog.

So if the new scenery has not been added by the installer, add it by hand.

Now I found the reason for my problems. My scenery.cfg was messed up: double entries of areas, area different from layer, .... Surprisingly, in the library these problems haven't been visable. The reason for the corruption of the scenery.cfg might be, that some days before I massively reordered my sceneries (about 300 in total).

I am still looking for a good tool to manage my sceneries. FSScenery worked great under FSX, but in P3D it is not functioning.

Regards

Arndt

My recommendation is that you only use the scenery library dialog to mange the sceneries, and always only make one change, not several at once.

Never allow installers or other programs to edit scenery.cfg. With any external edit of scenery.cfg, neither LM nor Microsoft(for FSX) will support your installation, and it can be easily shown that things mush go awfully wrong.