The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to calibrate axes

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out.

This is my setup:

FSUIPC Version 4859p

FSX Acceleration

Windows 7 64bit

Saitek yoke & throttle quadrants, CH pedals, Saitek Cuborg Evo Wireless joystick

This is my problem:

The IN and OUT values on the joystick calibration tab don't change when the corresponding control is moved. This is such a fundamental problem that I can hardly believe it, and I'm sure it must be blindingly obvious what I'm doing wrong. I just can't see it though.

These are the steps I've followed:

1. Saitek processes stopped in Task Manager to avoid conflict

2. FSX launched and controllers disabled in FSX

3. Flight loaded (default Cessna 172). At this point I confirmed that the controllers were all disabled

4. Assigned a control, for example, axis left brake set on the CH pedals. On the Axis Assignment tab, IN and OUT values are seen to change as the pedal is moved.

5. On the Joystick Calibration tab for the brakes, I "set" the left brake - box changes to "reset" - but, when I move the pedal, the IN and OUT values don't change.

6. Clicking OK and going back to the cockpit the left brake worked as expected (after I'd selected "Rev" in the calibration tab). So the assigments are working, it's just that the calibration tab numbers aren't changing so setting the mins and maxs etc. isn't possible.

And, no matter which axis I try to assign on any of the controls, I just can't get the IN and OUT values on the calibration tab to change. I can calibrate the pedals in Windows Control Panel, and previously all the controllers have been working faultlessly with fsx assigned axes. The reason I'm wanting to use FSUIPC is so that I can use the different profiles for different aircraft types.

I've spent hours looking through the manual, tutorials, FAQs and the first 20 pages of this forum for a hint to show me where I'm going wrong. I'm sure something very simple is eluding me!

Thanks,

Steve

FSUIPC Version 4859p

First off, please update to the currently supported version, 4.86

The IN and OUT values on the joystick calibration tab don't change when the corresponding control is moved. This is such a fundamental problem that I can hardly believe it, and I'm sure it must be blindingly obvious what I'm doing wrong. I just can't see it though.

that's normally due to incorrect assignment, or assignment to controls being intercepted through an add-on.

4. Assigned a control, for example, axis left brake set on the CH pedals. On the Axis Assignment tab, IN and OUT values are seen to change as the pedal is moved.

5. On the Joystick Calibration tab for the brakes, I "set" the left brake - box changes to "reset" - but, when I move the pedal, the IN and OUT values don't change.

6. Clicking OK and going back to the cockpit the left brake worked as expected (after I'd selected "Rev" in the calibration tab). So the assigments are working, it's just that the calibration tab numbers aren't changing so setting the mins and maxs etc. isn't possible.

In the version of FSUIPC you are using there is an option you can change to make that work -- direct assignment to calibration works fine either way. This discrepanvy only occurred in a small number of intermediate rleeases between 4.859 and 4.86, it was actually fixed some time ago. Your 'p' version is rather out of date.

I've spent hours looking through the manual, tutorials, FAQs and the first 20 pages of this forum for a hint to show me where I'm going wrong. I'm sure something very simple is eluding me!

The most simple and fastest way generally, at least to start with, is to check that you are using the most up to date release, which you are not. Version 4.86 is current both here in the Download Links subforum and in the main Schiratti download site.

Regards

Pete