The simFlight Network Forums

SuperTrafficBoard for IOS

Volmmer

Hi Simon,

I've been enjoying Supertrafficboard for P3D since it was in beta. It really is an unmissable addon for the simulator.

However, if I may come with a suggestion, would you consider developing an app for the tablet users among the simmers?

There are some apps out there showing real time position / weather etc, but it would be really cool if one could track the traffic on ones Ipad.

I would even pay separate for an app like this.

Just a humble suggestion to make a great product even greater. :-)

BR

Bob

Hi Bob,

It's an excellent suggest, but has some huge challenges:

1) I don't own an ipad or a tablet of any description for that matter;

2) STB is a .net application, and there isn't a native .net for iOS. There are third party implementations, but the starting price for that is $1000;

3) There isn't a simconnect client for iOS. Now other third parties have created FSX add-ons so must have implemented the client natively, but it's no small undertaking to do so;

4) As soon as I start down one path, I'm sure the Android community will want one also!

Times like this makes me wish the whole thing was done in Java or a Javascript technology like GWT or Sencha Touch. Portability would be much less of an issue, but that is not the Microsoft way I fear.

So I agree with you, but at the present time the obstacles are too great.

Simon