The simFlight Network Forums

2D Panel Flicker With FSUIPC 3.99z and Active Sky (ASE and ASv6.5)

Oh, those. Purely user choice. I always found the default values quite good. Keeping every 1 knot wind change from occurring for 8 seconds at a time is quite extreme -- the actual intended wind at you altitude or location will tend to be wildly different to what it is supposed to be and what the reports say because it would take so long to change! And the third figure is a suspension of freeze on weather after going into the Menus and changing weather, not after any programmed update. That's so that new weather being deliberately set there can take effect and avoid confusion by nothing happening!

That is indeed a pressure change and it will occur when moving from one weather area to another. Again 30 seconds is a ridiculously long time to keep a 1 hPa change to. The default always worked fine for me.

I think you seem to be desperately trying to suppress quite normal things in FS. A more reasonable type of smoothing will stop outrageous changes which can even stall the aircraft, but you must expect weather to change when flying as it does in reality. As does turbulence -- why suppress it when it is set to occur according to the real weather?

If you don't like weather changes why use a weather program at all? Just set the "clear weather" theme in FS and be done.

Regards

Pete

I like the weather (real world pilot/dispatcher) but I only brought up the altimeter flux since it started occurring AFTER registering FSUIPC :cool:

Looks like we have reached my limit with tweaks...... I disabled turbulence only b/c I thought it was a factor in the flux.

Being a PFPX beta tester, I have been doing MET reports at a lot of waypoints on the flight plan ever since I switched to FSUIPC registered and it seems those winds settings I have are pretty good. I tried the default value but it did let the winds drops to 0 while flying into the new area.

Thanks for all the help!

Gary

I like the weather (real world pilot/dispatcher) but I only brought up the altimeter flux since it started occurring AFTER registering FSUIPC :cool:

Apart from the options made available to you after registering, this has absolutely no affect on any weather settings made through FSUIPC by client programs. That interface is completely unaffected by registration.

Being a PFPX beta tester,

Arn't ypu the ;ucky one! I've been looking forward to that program for a long long time. The website has been saying "PFPX is in its final stages of development!" for months now!

I tried the default value but it did let the winds drops to 0 while flying into the new area.

FSUIPC doesn't "let" anything except the application / FS change the weather how it likes. All the smoothing does is record the last requested value as a taget and progress towards it at the rate you set. If zero wind was the target it should reach it.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Like I said.... I only noticed the altimeter flux after registering FSUIPC. So who knows.... it could be that I just didn't remember this issue before when i used v6.5 since I had used ASE for a while. Either way, it looks like this topic has run its course! Thanks for the great support!

As I've said over on the TOPCAT stuff.... PFPX will be so worth it. This is by far the easiest complex flight planner I have ever used (I'm talking real world here). We have ran into a few snags with navdata over the past months but it seems to slowly be working out. I only brought up PFPX b/c of the many met reports that I have been doing to validate the v6.5/FSUIPC winds aloft data!

Thanks,

Gary