The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight GF-LGT Gear Lights

I find that using my GoFlight GF-LGT programed only with FSUIPC

the gear lights do not come on when they should.

Apart from that it works perfectly.

Are the lights then something that FSUIPC just can not do?

I am using P3D and latest FSUIPC module.

Thanks,

gb.

I find that using my GoFlight GF-LGT programed only with FSUIPC

the gear lights do not come on when they should.

Apart from that it works perfectly.

Are the lights then something that FSUIPC just can not do?

Have you prrogrammed them to operate?

FSUIPC's built in facilities for assigning buttons and switches to functions applies equally to all normal joystick devices and Go Flight modules, but FSUIPC doesn't handle displays and indicators by itself. It never has. How can it, they are too varied in implementation, and there is no pre-defined method of dealing with displays for all devices in Windows or even for GoFlight.

There are two ways of handling GoFlight displays and indicators. The old way was with a program called GFDisplay. But much better now are the facilities for programming them build into the Lua plug-in system. There's a GFD (GoFlight Devices) library for both reading switches and writing to indicators and displays. There's an example Lua in the Lua ZIP installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Regards

Pete