The simFlight Network Forums

BSOD when WideServer active in FS9 on W7 Pro x64

Hi Peter

I am getting BSOD crashes when I have WideServer.dll and Wideserver.ini (6.9.4.0) enabled (active) in FS2004 on my

Windows 7 Pro x64 pc (fully updated). The module identified as generating the BSOD is the TCP/IP module (identified via "WhoCrashed"). FS2004 is installed on a disk and subdirectory away from the Windows protected areas. FS2004 has its updates. FSUIPC is version 3.999z. The crash occurs approximately 30 seconds after starting FS9 fly now. No crashes occur when WideServer.dll and WideServer.ini are disabled (by changing the dot in their names to an underscore). The LAN module driver is the latest one from the ASUS site for the P6T Deluxe v2 m/b.

The pc has two operating systems installed as a dual boot configuration. The other operating system is Vista HP x64.

I have FS2004, FSUIPC and WideServer installed (the same versions) and fully working under the Vista O/S. So the same hardware runs both O/S. FS2004 is installed in this case in the sub-directory "Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/", ie within the protected area.

I am attaching a zip file containing FSUIPC.ini, FSUIPC.log, FSUIPC Install.log, WideServer.ini, WideServer.log and WideServer0.log from the W7 installation in case that helps you at all.

Please would you review this information and if possible offer any advice you can.

Best regards

Sparrowm7

WideFS_W7_FS9.zip

I am getting BSOD crashes when I have WideServer.dll and Wideserver.ini (6.9.4.0) enabled (active) in FS2004 on my

Windows 7 Pro x64 pc (fully updated). The module identified as generating the BSOD is the TCP/IP module (identified via "WhoCrashed").

It seems you definitely have either a hardware fault or a corrupted or mismatched Network driver system. There's no way WideServer itself can cause a BSOD, those things always indicate low level problems, hardware or hardware drivers. I can only suggest you try uninstalling the network hardware and re-installing it so that Windows will reload fresh drivers.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, I appreciate your feedback. With so many people (and myself) successfully using your FSUIPC and WideFS tools I thought it unlikely that the problem was routed in them.

I do appreciate you having got back to me so promptly.

Best regards

Sparrowm7