The simFlight Network Forums
agutz

Function of BR2_xxxx.BGL files?

Hi, when I installed MTX I noticed al lot of these files in the ...\mytraffic\scenery folder duplicating existing airports .bgl files.

What function do these files have?

Regards, Andreas

Those are upgraded FSX airport bgl files. They add more parking so the airport will populate with more traffic. Burkhard also make other upgrades to them that he can comment on.

Thanks, I thought so. I am a bit concerned that they may conflict with airport .bgl files that are updated already.

That's where layering comes in.

If you position MyTraffic in your scenery library where the manual tells you to, it will override default airports, while any add-on sceneries at a higher priority (i.e. a lower layer number) will override MyTraffic's airports.

99% of problems that people report with aircraft in terminals, taxying on grass, etc, are because they have not put MyTraffic where the manual suggests. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

My Traffic in the scenery library is set above Propeller Objects and below Addon Scenery. This where the manual wants them to be. Cheers, Andreas

Then only airports where you have a fourth party version which is based on FS9 data and not FSX data, so 2002 Jeppesen instead of 2044 Jeppesen, may cause problems, if the location of the airport in the data has changed. EBBR comes in mind as one of the few examples I know.

Thanks,Burkhard. I didn't have any problems, I just wanted to know what these .bgl files were doing.

Regards, Andreas